Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd May 2023, 16:07   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Long Moan......Swimming With Sharks-Dealing With Insurers

My car insurance was with Hastings and a couple of weeks ago I received an email........first opening line "we have renewed your car insurance.....". Great stuff I thought, that's done. Very recently I received another email from them " we have cancelled your car insurance! "

In truth, I don't look too deeply into those insurance company emails, other than thinking of them as I utter expletives knowing they generally have us by the proverbials. On actually now reading those latter ones, I find that the original one I refererred to went to say that "..........but you must make a payment." Apparently, due to card changes the actual payment had failed. I also received the opportunity to speak to the Company to re-arrange insurance. When I tried, after those tedious lists of other options, the departments I needed were not available.

My insurance last year was around £330; the renewal was around £370.

I finally got through to Hastings who would not renew, but I would have to open a new account. Though they had all the necessary details in their system, they would need me to read out all the details, finally leading to a new quote figure of

£780 ! I said "bye"

Ten minutes later with a different Company I had new cover arranged for
.......£275
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2023, 14:32   #2
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

No such thing as loyalty these days. So the best thing is to shop around as soon as you get your renewal,or better 2/3 weeks prior. That is of course , provided your present insurer are not being fair with your price quote. I do know that limited usage 4000k per anum gives a good discount with some insurers. However , did we all get premium policy discounts during covid lockdown ? These companies are all tarred by the same brush ... and QUITE RIGHTLY SO ...

Last edited by xsport; 24th May 2023 at 14:34..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2023, 15:40   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Some good suggestions there.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote