Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2015, 16:16   #11
Andy_F95

MG ZT

****RESOLVED - INFORMATION****

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give another update. After a few days of testing the central locking multiple times a day, in freezing temperatures I might add! I can confirm that the issue is 100% fixed.

From looking at the Forum, there seems to be a lot of door warning light threads that have just fizzled out where no resolution has been pointed out for members that are having similar issues. So I thought I would post the following information, which may be of use to others in the future.

If you are having an issue where your door open warning light is on or you cannot arm the alarm correctly, its worth reading the following. This is what I followed, which is summarised from many hours or scanning the interwebs.

First try to WD40 or GT86 all of your door locking mechanisms as winter temperatures can play havoc with the micro switches in the door latches.

If this doesn't solve your issue, you need to investigate what your central locking is doing when you are trying to lock the car. If when you try to lock the car and none of the doors lock, then your issue is most likely with the drivers door locking mechanism. This is one of the most common ones to fail. You can pick up a second hand part, but I played it safe and bought new. You can source the part from your local Landrover dealer as the locking mechanism is identical to that used in a Freelander 1.

If this isn't your problem and all the doors lock, then your fault isn't with the drivers door lock, but one of the others. First start by testing the bonnet switch as this is the most common one to fail. You can have a play with the bonnet shut rubbers to make sure the switch is engaging correctly. Or what I did was unplug the bonnet switch all together. If this is a fault, you should be able to lock the car without the horn sounding.

If this doesn't solve it then move onto testing the other latches. What I ended up doing was sitting inside the car and locking on the key fob, which will lock and set the alarm. I then continued by opening each door with the interior handles to see if they set the alarm off. If it didn't, the latch seems to be working as it should. You can do the same test on the boot switch by pulling the emergency release cable when locked.

This turned out to be the issue with my C/L where you could open the passenger rear door and the alarm would not set off.

If all of the above doesn't resolve your issues, then also inspect areas of your wiring loom for breaks, earthing issues, etc... Final resort, which is what I was close to doing, is to take the car to your local T4 equipped garage for a session to help find the fault.
Andy_F95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2023, 08:43   #12
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

I am having a very similar headache with my ZT-T.

The car is showing as the main tailgate opening randomly, both when driving along and when the car is stationary and unlocked, and when locked causing the alarm to go off.

I have removed the BBUS, and also disconnected the main tailgate latch, the tailgate glass latch and the tailgate plinth handle switch.

Still the problem persists.

Does it seem as though the BCU is at fault perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2023, 14:09   #13
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
I am having a very similar headache with my ZT-T.

The car is showing as the main tailgate opening randomly, both when driving along and when the car is stationary and unlocked, and when locked causing the alarm to go off.

I have removed the BBUS, and also disconnected the main tailgate latch, the tailgate glass latch and the tailgate plinth handle switch.

Still the problem persists.

Does it seem as though the BCU is at fault perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.
Hi Ben.
Have you checked nothing is fouling the lock latch, also how about trying the rubber adjusters, so the door is locking in tighter?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2023, 15:16   #14
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Hey Steve.

Yes, I had checked the boot latch mechanism was clear of any obstructions and the rubber stops were positioned correctly.

The tailgate release button seemed to be playing up a little, but I though disconnecting everything in the tailgate would prove one was at fault?
Old 15th January 2023, 23:25   #15
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Found the issue.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...83&postcount=9