Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th September 2022, 20:03   #1
MarvinsMom
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Does anyone buy Rover 75's for breaking?

Does anyone here buy 75's for parts?

my own much loved, but tired car is coming towards the end and it deserves better than a trip to the crusher or the banger circuit.

i would much rather see it go to help keep other 75s on the road. where they belong!

it is a 2001 Rover 75 CDTi tourer, with 221.000 miles on the clock, and is mot'd until August next year.

the good parts, its got a spotless Neptune blue leather interior, is sat on meteor wheels and has had the 160bhp remap done, its also got a full service history and in the last year or so its had a new alternator and thermostat block fitted. prior to that its had a full exhaust system and Andy Willi put a clutch and flywheel in it around 50,000 miles ago. also been an early car its got a real wood dash, lots of cup holders and the factory CD autochanger in the glove box!

the not so good, well the reversing sensors and the A/C are both not working, and its tired bodily and the ends of the sills are getting crispy. as such it will need some welding and other parts as a minimum for next years test.

as such the car is maybe more a parts car rather than an project vehicle, and given all that i do not want much for it!

is there anyone here who would be interested in it?
MarvinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2022, 22:41   #2
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinsMom View Post
Does anyone here buy 75's for parts?

my own much loved, but tired car is coming towards the end and it deserves better than a trip to the crusher or the banger circuit.

i would much rather see it go to help keep other 75s on the road. where they belong!

it is a 2001 Rover 75 CDTi tourer, with 221.000 miles on the clock, and is mot'd until August next year.

the good parts, its got a spotless Neptune blue leather interior, is sat on meteor wheels and has had the 160bhp remap done, its also got a full service history and in the last year or so its had a new alternator and thermostat block fitted. prior to that its had a full exhaust system and Andy Willi put a clutch and flywheel in it around 50,000 miles ago. also been an early car its got a real wood dash, lots of cup holders and the factory CD autochanger in the glove box!

the not so good, well the reversing sensors and the A/C are both not working, and its tired bodily and the ends of the sills are getting crispy. as such it will need some welding and other parts as a minimum for next years test.

as such the car is maybe more a parts car rather than an project vehicle, and given all that i do not want much for it!

is there anyone here who would be interested in it?
I am. I'll PM you.

*Your message inbox appears to be full. Can you message me when you get this? Thanks

Dougie.

Last edited by goltho; 17th September 2022 at 22:46..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2022, 09:50   #3
MarvinsMom
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Inbox cleared and PM's sent.... shows how often that gets looked at!
MarvinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote