Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th August 2019, 05:39   #1
MalteseMarc
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI connoisseur SE auto, 2004

Default Naval star

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I gave with my head unit, primary the Sat nav. Until recently everything was working ok until about 2 weeks ago when putting the navigation on it came up with a message along the lines of unable to find a satalite. It sometimes has done that before in the past and shutting it down for a little while, a few hours possibly seems to get it up and running again, but this time it still wouldn't work despite all I did. So in my desperation I factory reset it, which was fun trying to interpret Chinese to get it into english again.
The reset meant I had to set up all the settings again and somehow it had erased the Igo from the unit. So I reinstalled a version of Igo from the play store in the hope that it would sort out the problem.
All of this resting plus taking out the unit to see if the GPS receiver had come loose has resulted in no change, no satalites are found. The other thing I have noticed is the Bluetooth function is not working, it doesn't show it as being able to be connected to.
So, what to do would the problem be with the GPS receiver, the one that plugs into the back of the head unit. If anyone can advise I would very much appreciate their input.

Kind regards,

Marc
Old 14th August 2019, 06:46   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseMarc View Post
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I gave with my head unit, primary the Sat nav. Until recently everything was working ok until about 2 weeks ago when putting the navigation on it came up with a message along the lines of unable to find a satalite. It sometimes has done that before in the past and shutting it down for a little while, a few hours possibly seems to get it up and running again, but this time it still wouldn't work despite all I did. So in my desperation I factory reset it, which was fun trying to interpret Chinese to get it into english again.
The reset meant I had to set up all the settings again and somehow it had erased the Igo from the unit. So I reinstalled a version of Igo from the play store in the hope that it would sort out the problem.
All of this resting plus taking out the unit to see if the GPS receiver had come loose has resulted in no change, no satalites are found. The other thing I have noticed is the Bluetooth function is not working, it doesn't show it as being able to be connected to.
So, what to do would the problem be with the GPS receiver, the one that plugs into the back of the head unit. If anyone can advise I would very much appreciate their input.

Kind regards,

Marc
Hi Marc,

It would certainly be worth trying a different gps antenna.
Unfortunatly I don't have any of these anymore but would be widely avaialble on the internet ( Amazon, Ebay etc) Make sure you get a GPS (not Glonass) antenna with SMA connector.

You could also download a different navigation program from the Google Store and see if that works. In case the problem lies with the navigation software and not the hardware.

The bluetooth may well be switched off in the settings since your factory reset.
It's been a few years since I last used the Navall Star so can't rememeber where to point you but a bit of poking around in the menus should find it.

As I'm sure you're aware, Radioguy is no longer a trader on here and all his websites have closed down and he has disappeared into the etha. So any support from him seems highly unlikely

Hope you get it sorted.