Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th March 2019, 18:49   #1
Hopeso13
Regular poster

None at the moment

Default New car hunting.

Today I went to see a 2005 zt touring in dark green with 115,000 miles on it.

Unfortunately I was very disappointed with it. Maybe I'm too picky but it is a year younger and 40,000 miles less than the 75 saloon diesel I currently have.

It has had plenty of work done recently, new brake pipes all round, new discs and pads, new rear suspension arms replaced and a new dual mass flywheel and clutch fitted. It is claimed by the seller to have been chipped and is quite quick.

However on my test drive I found it to have a heavy throttle pedal and the clutch action is noisy and rough. It seemed very slow compared to my own car which has 155,000 miles on it.

It has various shades of dark green paint on the rear bumper and the door mirrors. The dash screen is crazed and the seats are well worn with the material bobbling and tatty looking. The drivers interior door lock is missing the chrome trim and the interior just looks dark and tired.

It made me appreciate the car I have and think seriously about changing it. It drives so nicely, the body work is in excellent condition, could do with a paint buff and polish and the wheels returned.

But I will probably keep looking to see what is on the market.
Hopeso13 is offline   Reply With Quote