Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th February 2019, 18:50   #391
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
I feel for you people who have lost out, I have dug around and found a few small snippets that may be of use. Maybe you already have this information ...

As has been said this all needs collating. I think Jeff and Tony need to "spill the beans" on their dealings as well as any "banter" in communications may give clues as to his actual location / interests / etc. that will lead to tracking this slippery person down.

I am not implying that Jeff and Tony were in any way complicit with his actions.

If you all want to go further with this, you have to assume he is monitoring this thread closely and I think putting all the information on here is giving too much away, so I will gladly PM a coordinator of my small findings.
Depends on what you mean by "spill the beans"?
I think both Tony and I have been as transparent as we can and will both try to help as much as is possible.

Unfortunatly Sean has gone silent for us as well and as Tony said, our only method of comunication we used was Skype and Email and it was never a problem......Up till now of course.

Will always answer any PM's, emails etc from members who are affected and still pass details on to Sean's email however pointless it may be.
At the very least it will let him know that people aren't just going to take it on the chin and forget about it.

I will however still say that for a long time many members had good service from Sean. If he had planned all along to do a runner with members money I would have thought he would have done it long ago when there were more members purchasing from him.

I'm not going to get into speculation as to what has happened and why as none of us know and he has no abilty to respond to any allegations on here.

The main point of this thread should surely be to assist those out of pocket to get their money back.
Old 11th February 2019, 21:18   #392
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Personally, I think you're wasting your time. Offshore banks and FBI investigations, in a conversation relating to one dodgy peddler of substandard tat. It's all a bit fanciful.

Best case scenario is that you'll pay a fair whack and spend a lot of time and effort to be told what you already know, ie; you're in the right, but the debt is irrecoverable. If he demonstrates he doesn't have the money, you're not going to get it back and a civil action has no ability to carry a custodial penalty. So the whole thing adds up to diddly squat.

It's a bad situation, but taking a step back and applying a sense of relativity, it could be far worse. Chalk it up to tough luck and move on. You'll be all the happier for it.
Old 15th February 2019, 19:38   #393
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

I have just had a message from Rob (the guy who was doing Sean's distrubution) to ask if I had spoken to Sean.
He has had no contact since December and is also owed money for import duties that he has had to pay and Sean hasn't reimbursed him for.

I believe that Rob is going to join the forum and maybe shed further light on the situation that he maybe able to offer.
Old 15th February 2019, 21:55   #394
thedonkey

Rover 75

Hi all yes I'm Rob as Jeff says I took over where he left off.

There have been glitches in that time but they got resolved then ckme December a batch of orders were due that didn't arrive... There's numerous people from the Ford community that lost out. I've had people actually knocking on my door trying to get money from me.

He's left me out of pocket to the tune of over £350 and still no explanation.

I have debt collectors chasing me for unpaid customs bills that he didn't bother to pay and I'm now having to clear.

I have a small amount of stock here that will be sold to cover this. If there is any chance I cover this and any extra is made then it will be divvied up to try and clear portions of what's owed to Tony and customers that I know have lost money they cannot get back. Small chance I'm even going to cover my losses with what's here but you never know.

I have since digging traced another alias he has used and done the same to vw forums awaiting contact with Tony to see if this adds up and links to the bank account...
thedonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 23:07   #395
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

I have been messaging with Rob and have a name of Lawrence Hall which is who I used to send the payment to in Canada.there has been a mention of Joe Hall as well.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 23:17   #396
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Unhappy

Sounds like a serial scammer to me. Search for "oskaramerica" 10 years ago.

He's listed on alibaba as "autodvdgps", has trustpilot "reviews". Listed as Sean Moore in Nova Scotia. This links to :

https://www.gmdu.net/corp-628603.html - as you said "Joe Hall".

Sounds familiar? https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115921
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 00:28   #397
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
Sounds like a serial scammer to me. Search for "oskaramerica" 10 years ago.

He's listed on alibaba as "autodvdgps", has trustpilot "reviews". Listed as Sean Moore in Nova Scotia. This links to :

https://www.gmdu.net/corp-628603.html - as you said "Joe Hall".

Sounds familiar? https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115921
Coincidence? Sydney, Nova Scotia is a pretty small place. There is a Dr. Steven Hall with a medical Centre address on Keltic Drive in Sydney who is a dual US/Canadian citizen. If you take the "0" off the front of a UK phone number listed in an earlier post for Sean Moore, it becomes a USA phone number (although not in Kentucky where the Dr. has lived/worked). Father maybe? You have to be a LinkedIn member to see the profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-h...alSubdomain=ca

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 00:36   #398
thedonkey

Rover 75

Last edited by thedonkey; 16th February 2019 at 00:47..
Old 16th February 2019, 00:40   #399
thedonkey

Rover 75

Last edited by thedonkey; 16th February 2019 at 00:47..
Old 16th February 2019, 00:48   #400
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkey View Post
Joe Hall you say?, Dominican Republic you say? not Sean Moore after all you say?..........
Brill, let's all hop into a plane and lynch him (or at least top up our tan)

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote