Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th August 2018, 09:45   #1
Tdr007

Default Heater Matrix No heat from heater

Hello all. New to the rover 75. I really wanted a jag but saw an 02 75 with 45000 miles on with two owners fsh and 12 months mot. And two brand new Michelin’s on the front?
So, there was no heat coming from any of the vents. Both pipes to the matrix were red hot. But no heat at all. No overheating issues so I assumed no air locks. And I ran the diagnostic on the climate control panel and no faults found.
So I undid the two clamps on the pipes and pulled the pipes apart. And the matrix slides out. It really was the easy. I drained the coolant first though.
I ran a hosepipe through the matrix a bit of silt came out but water flowed through it nicely. Slid it back in and then the fun began. The backs of my hands look like I’ve done some cage fighting. There is no way those clamps were going back on. So I hacksawed the flanges off. More skin was removed. Tried some 16mm hose. It probably would of gone on eventually but by this time I had little skin left on my knuckles. I bought some 19mm hose and put that on to join the pipes with four jubilee clips tightened up tight. Then tightened up some more.
Still no effing heat. I bit the bullet and bought a previously enjoyed matrix which I was assured was clean as a whistle inside. Repeat the above. Refilled with oat and went for a drive.
The satisfaction of feeling the heat coming from the vents I can only akin to the birth of my son.
So a few things of note both pipes were red hot and the matrix was flushing through nicely with the hose. So Water really does take the path of least resistance.
Hope this help someone though.
Thanks.
Tdr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 09:55   #2
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Oh you are SO SO right about the skin on the knuckles thing. Mine took a few days to recover & Bl***y sore.

You have my sympathies. Fair play for getting it done though.

Regards

Paul
Old 19th August 2018, 10:00   #3
Tdr007

The next morning I could hardly move my back was killing me and my arms ached. Thanks.
Tdr007 is offline   Reply With Quote