Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd December 2008, 08:46   #1
Lucky75owner
Avid contributor

Rover75 1.8 saloon

Default why me

When I saw in 1999 the first 75, I want one. What a beauty!
But the car was to expensive so I bought in 2000 one of the latest 600.
What a fine car, never had trouble with the 600. In 2007 I was looking for a 75 and .....there he was in Helmond. A 2002 75 1.8 saloon with high-line satnav and the perfect, in mine opinion, color, wedgewood blue. What a Car!!

I Bought the car and say goodbye to mine good old friend the 600.
The first km's were just fine and I was so lucky with the car.
Since 2008 everything went wrong. I went tot the garage to build in a LPG installation for €2500,-- . I shouldn't have done that. Two times I had to replace the cylinder head gasket, cost over €1500,-- wow.
Because I have two left hands everything was done by a local garage. Since then I only drive on petrol. The garage will remove the LPG tank in january and they pay me €400,-- for it, bad investment.
But I bought from Les a nice oak sandstone steering wheel and it looks so nice. A gift to myself. After shopping, I park my car alway's far away, someone has damaged my rearbumper incl. the chrome trim. The front bumper was damaged while parking in Düsseldorf at the airport. I bought Croft's doorfinishers and chrome caps for the mirrors. Again a gift to myself. Still didn't managed to get de finishers on the car. Tried it with tape but after a rainy day I found the finishers on the ground. With silicone it didn't work either, I told you, two left hands. There was more silicone on my hands and other places where it shouldn't be, so the finishers are now save stored and perhaps I will try it some later. Some weeks ago I opened the Boot...................... what a water. Managed to get the water out and after that... the car wouldn't start. Battery out of order. Bought a new one and everything looks fine. Just when I was listening to the cd " Alway's look at the bright side of life" there was no sound anymore. Since then I can't listen to the music in my car. Perhaps the water in the boot?? Now I've no money to spend, to give me another gift.
But keep smiling. Past week I tried to get in my car with the key. It didn't work, I think the lock of the door is dead. But lucky enough I can open and close the car with the remote.
Sometimes I do miss my goold old friend the rover 600.
The good news is that I will quit smoking in 2009 and will spend the saved money, I think by Les.
I hope in 2009 everything will be repaired and that I can enjoy driving in my rover75. But a lot of work has to be done.

I wish everyone a merry christmas and a good 2009

greetings from Holland
Lucky75owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:12   #2
jimjamjohnny
Avid contributor

mg zt 190+

Default and

a very merry xmas to you too

sorry about your troublesome 75
jimjamjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:39   #3
desperado
Loves to post

75 saloon 2003 cdti conn se (ronned)

hi lucky75owner. sorry to here about you probs , water in boot is either your rear light seals or could be your chrome trim . had the same prob as you water in boot and the first i knew there was a prob was when the speakers stopped working. looked at rear lights from inside and could see the water seaping at the seals , ten min job to take them off seals had broken in same place, used some of your favorite stuff silicone ,seems to have sorted it . as for the radio took it out cleaned it off dryed it in the house for a few days and it works again , any probs you in the right place to post , enjoy the festive period dan:xmas-smiley-013:
desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:26   #4
Corwen
Loves to post

ROVER 75 CLUB SE 1.8

hello lucky, sure you picked the right call sign, anyway hope everything sorts themselves out, i myself still have a long way to go with my r75, have a great christmas and a happy new year.
Corwen is offline   Reply With Quote