Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th December 2017, 08:29   #11
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
That's amazing, wonder how often this happening
My first thought exactly!!!
This needs to be put on social media & certainly made public.
Appalling in my opinion.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 14:46   #12
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
On Saturday morning I received though the post a "Notice of intended prosecution" for speeding. The notice said that I was caught on the M1 last Wednesday doing 90 MPH when the limit was 70 MPH.

I was indeed on the M1 on that day and time but I just couldn't believe I was caught doing 90. My wife was with me and she was shocked too, I never drive above 70, and nearly always have the cruise control set at 70. I really began questioning this 90 MPH, did I override the cruise at any point? But at the end of the day I figured I must have, I mean they have photographic evidence.

I mentioned the Notice to a friend of mine who thought I was joking, "you? 90 lol" he said. He then said, "you can view the photo on line if you want to". I just dismissed his comment and went home.

Later I was filling in the paperwork when I remembered what my friend had said about viewing the picture. At first I just thought "what's the point, it will just be a picture of the rear end of my car". I don't know why, but I thought, "oh go on then, let's have a look". I was gobsmacked when I looked at the photo. Yes. my car was in the photo, but my car was in the slow lane (lane 1), I was being overtaken by a car that was moving from lane 3 to lane 4 to pass a few cars up front. This car was positioned between the two radar lines and was circled. (I had a good look on the internet. The latest cameras used on smart motorways, don't use white lines painted on the road. These cameras scan all lanes of the motorway and if triggered show the offending vehicle between two radar lines and circled) So surely this other car was the car doing 90mph and not me???

I phoned department that issued the notice as soon as they opened on monday morning, and asked the question. "is the offending car shown between 2 lines and circled?" The man I spoke to was very nice but wouldn't really answer anything until he had taken my Ref number. He then said to me "is your car reg WR----C ?" I answered "yes". He then said "You are nowhere near, there as obviously been a problem here". He was very apologetic as you can imagine, and said that the notice of intent would be cancelled immediately. There would be a letter of apology sent out straight away.

My point on this is that if you ever receive a Notice for speeding, please have a good look at the photographic evidence. I came very close to posting back the notice and taking the punishment for something I hadn't done.
Clearly an apology IS NOT good enough however well it was meant. I would want and expect a full explanation as to why this has happened, including a full technical report, I would want to know how many times this has happened before ( freedom of information request if necessary), how many drivers fined and or prosecuted etc etc etc , just in case I want to take it further, someone somewhere has said that we live in a democracy( yeh OK) so we have the right, and the State is the servant of the people......I mean who the hell QC these matters before they are sent out?, someone needs to have a word in their ear, maybe some urgent training needed, just a thought.

Last edited by grivas; 8th December 2017 at 14:49.. Reason: additions
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 19:13   #13
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswestryalex View Post
Yes, pass this on to Quentin Wilson and his crew who campaign for all things car oriented.
Yes. You get my vote to get in touch with Quentin about this. I am sure he will ask those in the driving ( back) seat a few questions.
Old 15th December 2017, 14:22   #14
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Default I've been cloned!

Hi everyone,

Off at a slight tangent to the OP but still related to a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NoIP)

I received a NoIP a couple of weeks back from the West Yorkshire Police.

Apparently my Rover 75 was photographed doing 70mph in a 40 mph in Leeds on 25th November. Strange I thought, as she was sitting outside my house at the time!

After reviewing the photo on their web site.... in which there was no way you could read the number plate but it may have been a Rover 75 or possibly a Rover 25 ... and me asking them to provide a better resolution photo, they referred it to their Fraud Dept.

I had to send them current photos of my car and they have now said I'm in the clear, but apparently some Rascal is driving around the Leeds area with my number plate on their car. Bluddy cheek!

My car was the Project Rover 75 car on the AROnline Web Site for a few years before I bought her, so the number plate can obviously be seen in lots of photos.

Not a lot I can do about it, apart from keep a copy of the email from their Fraud Dept saying I'm in the clear in case I get stopped and accused!

Oh, and if the "Leeds Rascal" is reading this.... piddle off and take my number plates off your car mate!

Happy Christmas one and all

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote