Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st October 2017, 16:28   #11
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Agreed... Best money i spent on mine without doubt!
I fu!ly agree with you sir, the difference in power is amazing .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 16:42   #12
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
Sounds ideal for towing. Need to look into this a bit more i think. How has this affected those who have done its insurance premiums?
It’s up to you if you inform your insurer, but it’s invisible to T4. If your car is 131 as standard, then it’s not that much of a jump,so ins co might approve, however if only 116, then it’s an enormous increase, and they will likely refuse to cover it..
Old 31st October 2017, 18:47   #13
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Good to see you had a positive result from it, take it the MAF readings were okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
It’s up to you if you inform your insurer, but it’s invisible to T4. If your car is 131 as standard, then it’s not that much of a jump,so ins co might approve, however if only 116, then it’s an enormous increase, and they will likely refuse to cover it..
It wouldn't be invisible if the insurance company checked the ECU file. Although chances are unless they have reason to suspect they won't.
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 19:36   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian50 View Post
Just got back home after having a health check and 160 remap done on my ZT CDTI 135 by Phil-T4.
The drive home was an eye opener, the car feels smoother, the mid range acceleration has definitely improved, so much grunt these diesel engines really do have some torque! I have a speed limiter gong set at quite a fast speed and I kept setting it off on the journey home. The car has transfomed, I had such a grin, happy days. The engine has come alive, my advise to anyone with a 115 or 135 is do it, go for the remap, worth every penny. Thanks Phil-T4 (Forgot to mention my mileage is 162,000 and the engine still pulls like a train)
That's because this is a BMW engine, not a heap of junk in our cars it is well de-tuned, in the actual BMW applications it is a superb 4 cylinder engine, capable of astronomical millage, 160K is just about getting into its stride, it loosens up when you get to 200k, and is quite capable of 350k+ so long as it gets good oil every 6K. So enjoy.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 19:44   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
Always wondered if i should get this done. Only worry is if it wears the clutch out faster and if it is any good for towing. What is the rough cost to have it done?
goodness its excellent for towing, whole reason I had it done.
I tow a 5 berth caravan, accelerate before I get to bottom of a hill and it climbs like a train.
As for the clutch I can see no reason for it to wear out quicker, no need to slip it any more then without remap. You may have 160 horses available, you don't need to use them all the time.
Cost £200 ish I think anyone that has had it done has no regrets. if you have the 115 bhp it is a dog, mine was and a 160 remap wont turn it in to a sports car but a better car

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 19:47   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
not all insurance companies refuse to insure 115 to 160, Adrian flux will insure it. Admiral wont. premiums don't increase that much and yes, tell your insurance company and no one should encourage you not to!

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 21:30   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
not all insurance companies refuse to insure 115 to 160, Adrian flux will insure it. Admiral wont. premiums don't increase that much and yes, tell your insurance company and no one should encourage you not to!

macafee2
I enquired about what difference it would make premium wise,they said they wouldn't cover it as it was too much increase,up to 131 was no problem
Old 31st October 2017, 21:34   #18
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post
Good to see you had a positive result from it, take it the MAF readings were okay?

It wouldn't be invisible if the insurance company checked the ECU file. Although chances are unless they have reason to suspect they won't.
Not from what I was told by the developer of the map
Old 1st November 2017, 07:59   #19
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
Had my 115BHP done about 4 years ago now. Never looked back! Worth swapping my Synergy2 for this. Didn't cost me a penny either as I got the money back on the sale of my Synergy2!
I did the same about the same time. Made it almost free as my Synergy2 came with the car.

I did an Italian tune-up the other day after fitting a new fuel filter filled with injector cleaner. I locked it into 4th (auto box) and put it in sport mode. Boy it can really shift.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:07   #20
Guardian50
Avid contributor

2004 Facelift MKII MG ZT+ 2.0 CDTI Auto 160 bhp in Aquamarine-Goodwood Green (HQM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post

Phil-T4 did a health check and everything checked out fine, so yes the MAF readings were fine. I phoned my insurance, no change in premium going from 135bhp to the 160bhp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Owner of a 2004 model Aquamarine Goodwood Green (HQM) MG ZT+ CDTI 160bhp Auto MKII Facelift
It is the 11th of a total of 88 Goodwood Green diesel facelift ZT saloons to be built (there were 65 facelift diesel Goodwood Green ZT Tourers built too)The car was the 55th of 73 MG ZTs to come off the line that day.5 saloons were fitted with Green Alcantara, this was the first of those 5, only two were automatics, this being one.
Guardian50 is offline   Reply With Quote