Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th October 2008, 12:32   #1
Fille
Loves to post

SOLD - Rover 75 Tourer 2,0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Default Heater, once more

Is there a constant flow of coolant to the heater matrix, ie is the temperature controlled only with air mixing, or is there a valve before the matrix?
Old 10th October 2008, 18:37   #2
Simon
Banned

-

I am led to believe that the heater set up in the 75/ZT (excluding the V8 models) are an air-blend type heater which would imply that there is a constant coolant feed to the matrix and it is the air that is blended 'over' this coolant with outside air that determines the resultant temperature at the vents.

The V8's use a different method due to the limited space. They use a water-blend system which I would assume alters the amount of coolant entering the matrix (a different one, mind) which determines the resultant amount of hot air outputted.

Of course, I am open to being correct on this.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 19:02   #3
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I am led to believe that the heater set up in the 75/ZT (excluding the V8 models) are an air-blend type heater which would imply that there is a constant coolant feed to the matrix and it is the air that is blended 'over' this coolant with outside air that determines the resultant temperature at the vents.

The V8's use a different method due to the limited space. They use a water-blend system which I would assume alters the amount of coolant entering the matrix (a different one, mind) which determines the resultant amount of hot air outputted.

Of course, I am open to being correct on this.
A good description Simon - and the air system beats the V8 water system everytime!
Old 10th October 2008, 19:06   #4
Fille
Loves to post

SOLD - Rover 75 Tourer 2,0 V6 Connoisseur Auto

Ok thanks guys. Came to that conclusion myself after playing with the climate control today. Engine off, fan at its lowest setting and then adjusting the temperature up and down, listening if there is something happening in there. And there was sound from both left and right side.

So I guess I just have to believe you when you say my heater matrix is blocked. My local garage said they will not touch it so this means I will ahve to drive a cold car for a couple of weeks until i have time to either swap the matrix or clean out the old one...
Old 10th October 2008, 20:00   #5
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille View Post
So I guess I just have to believe you when you say my heater matrix is blocked.
Well you don't have to.................