Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th October 2016, 19:45   #31
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Councils can take over parking restrictions from the police, so therefor can issue parking tickets and prosecute them
Old 20th October 2016, 21:07   #32
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
They are. But you need to see the evidence they say they have. You may well be guilty as charged, on the other hand they may be wrong. You have been told someone sent you 4 letters can they prove it?
It seems in todays modern Britain it is the accused whom has to disprove everything. No I have not seen any evidence but that it seems does not matter they said it happened so it seems it happened so their answer is pay up and shut up. As far as i am aware no letters were sent for signed for so they cannot prove that they were sent but that does not matter as they SAY they sent them so it must have happened!
Old 21st October 2016, 08:56   #33
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
It seems in todays modern Britain it is the accused whom has to disprove everything.!
It's worse than that. Try buying a house with cash - you have to pay to prove that your money is legit even though you haven't been accused of anything.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 19:50   #34
Mason6
Loves to post

V6 Classic SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe Scotland is similar to Northern Ireland regards these, let's call them exactly what they are, speculative invoices. If you get a 'Parking Charge Notice' on private land, the issuer has to provide evidence of the driver. The driver is the person responsible for entering into the implied contract that is on the notice boards. (this applies to Northern Ireland for sure, check for Scotland)

My car had one just over a year ago, 'inviting me to provide the details of the driver and to pass the PCN to them' the PCN is called the notice to driver. I ignored it, they sent out the Notice to Keeper, after 4 weeks. more on that below.

The issuing company MUST be a member of the British Parking Association (and have logos on the PCN as well as the clearly visible warning boards). If they are not, and it isnt a council or govt. issued ticket, then ignore completely! On the notice to keeper the initial ticket, you have by the BPA guidelines, 2 weeks to pay at the reduced rate, and they MUST allow a further two weeks to pay this reduced rate. After which they are allowed to charge the higher rate. After the threat of having two weeks to pay the higher rate, they will issue a notice to keeper, you have actually an additional 2 weeks to pay (4 in total). The issue to keeper starts the whole process again, and in England and Wales, it IS the responsibility then of the keeper to pay, and CAN be taken to court.

Once I received the the notice to keeper, I wrote to the issuing company requesting information on the driver, ie photographic evidence. If I did not receive said information within 10 working days, I would assume the matter to be closed. A couple of months passed, with no information until I received a threat from a 'solicitor' (the back of the letter was identical to the notice to keeper letter from the issuing company) I have continued to ignore, including the 'deal' letter, where they reduce the final costs by 30% 'to give me a chance' before going to court.

It states quite clearly on the invoice inside the yellow packet 'this is NOT a fine' - fines can only be issued by govt. sanctioned agencies on public land.

Where I had parked, was on private land, which the landlord has an agreement with all the companies in the area of a discounted parking rate. This land is only used when our regular contacted spaces is being used for other purposes. The regular parking area is £3.00 and the temporary place is discounted to £3.20 per day. I wasnt sure of the cost, so put £3.50 into the meter and displayed the ticket clearly. Apparently when the wardens sees £3.20, on the displayed ticket, they confirm with the register (which my car is on) . But as mine said £3.50, it wasnt checked, and ticket was issued. Since the ticket was issued, nobody local wanted to get involved, constantly referring me to the contact on the back of the ticket. The only contacts were a PO Box number and a phone number. The phone number only gave an option to pay and no other correspondence would be entered into. All correspondence had to be made in writing. So I did.

Further Reading HERE
This is very prevalent in the supermarket car-park & private office space areas, where they warn of £100 fines for parking more than 2 hours etc, in Scotland but any 'parking tickets' issued are non-enforceable so can be ignored.
The issuing company will, of course, try to bully you out of your hard-earned sheckles via demand letters having gained your address via DVLA.
DVLA will issue your address to licensed companies for a fee, I believe it to be about £2.50 per request but I stand to be corrected, thereby operating a smart little income source for them doing nothing really.
Ignore, ignore and again ignore ..... if you ever get one in Scotland that is!

I hasten to add that PCN's issued by Council 'trolls' are an annoyance of a different colour and best paid soonest bearing in mind that all the cooncil's in the UK are absolutely skint and need more of your hard-earned than you pay already!
BTW even if the PCN is issued correctly appeal it, if you've the time and energy, anyway just to delay the payment and nip their heels a bit

Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTI in Starlight Silver which was the 49th out of 849 produced
Mason6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 22:58   #35
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason6 View Post
This is very prevalent in the supermarket car-park & private office space areas, where they warn of £100 fines for parking more than 2 hours etc, in Scotland but any 'parking tickets' issued are non-enforceable so can be ignored.
The issuing company will, of course, try to bully you out of your hard-earned sheckles via demand letters having gained your address via DVLA.
DVLA will issue your address to licensed companies for a fee, I believe it to be about £2.50 per request but I stand to be corrected, thereby operating a smart little income source for them doing nothing really.
Ignore, ignore and again ignore ..... if you ever get one in Scotland that is!

I hasten to add that PCN's issued by Council 'trolls' are an annoyance of a different colour and best paid soonest bearing in mind that all the cooncil's in the UK are absolutely skint and need more of your hard-earned than you pay already!
BTW even if the PCN is issued correctly appeal it, if you've the time and energy, anyway just to delay the payment and nip their heels a bit
I wouldnt ignore, though. Send a signed for letter, requesting evidence of the driver (if it is same rules that apply to NI - the driver and not the keeper is responsible). Give them 2 weeks to respond 'or you will consider the matter over and you will enter into no further correspondence'. Then ignore That means, IF they were to try to take you to court over an unpaid speculative invoice, you will then be able to prove that you were reasonable, and gave them an opportunity to allow you to help them find the person responsible.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:01   #36
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
It's worse than that. Try buying a house with cash - you have to pay to prove that your money is legit even though you haven't been accused of anything.
Of this I am not surprised and just another reason why Mother wishes to leave what she refers to :-

"As this God forsaken hell hole"