Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd October 2008, 15:47   #11
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybrown View Post
I personally was a bit sceptical but then it's not a company who came up with the idea it's a university which to my mind adds more weight to the research. Still after reading the responses on that page I've gone back to being sceptical until there's some REAL evidence with some fair testing.
The principle, if what they've done is what I suggested previously, is sound. Some years after writing it I realised that one of my university projects provided some of the basic evidence for it. (so I could have had a valuable patent now. Doh!)

Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:11   #12
tigerchubs
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT+ in Yorkshire Gold

The gready oil companies would love an 19% reduction in diesel sales i'm sure.

I find I get far better fuel economy & increased power from BP standard Diesel when compared with Jet, Total or supermarket diesel.
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:19   #13
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchubs View Post
The gready oil companies would love an 19% reduction in diesel sales i'm sure.

I find I get far better fuel economy & increased power from BP standard Diesel when compared with Jet, Total or supermarket diesel.
Yes. I've heard this before too. It is what I use so I have no obvious comparison.

Interestingly there was a report recently (Which? magazine possibly) comparing the 'super' versions of fuels with the 'ordinary' ones. Whether you got any benefit, and how much, for the extra layout varied a lot between cars & brands. in terms of diesel, the Shell 'super' version did best. I don't recall whether it covered the extra outlay though. BP basic diesel came out well too as stated above.

Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:29   #14
JamesP
Loves to post

Rover 75 ConnSE CDTi 131 Starlight Silver

I don't know anything about engines, but I do know that a Merceds 300D is not fitted with a common rail engine. Is this why having the box fitted saves fuel?
JamesP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:07   #15
keiron99
Loves to post

75 Connie SE 2.0 CDT auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
Interestingly there was a report recently (Which? magazine possibly) comparing the 'super' versions of fuels with the 'ordinary' ones. Whether you got any benefit, and how much, for the extra layout varied a lot between cars & brands. in terms of diesel, the Shell 'super' version did best. I don't recall whether it covered the extra outlay though. BP basic diesel came out well too as stated above.
I heard this on R4 too. The conclusion was that the super-duper expensive fuels were a complete waste of money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7635303.stm
keiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote