Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th August 2016, 17:14   #1
Gameferrit
Regular poster

MG ZT 1.8T

Default My car is cursed.

Did MG Rover use bits of ancient mummy in our cars, only mine seems to be under some kind of curse?

Firstly it was front coil spring through the tyre. Next it was the timing belt slipping causing piston to valve contact. Then it was low oil pressure, probably caused by the above. So new engine along with clutch, slave cylinder and all new silicone coolant pipes. Great I thought, now I can enjoy the car a bit. It does owe me some enjoyment after all the expense. But no, stuck in traffic the T piece decided to disintegrate, emptying out all of the coolant. T piece was only a few months old. Luckily I had some water in the boot (in bottles, not from a leak, although now I've said that...) I managed to reattach the infernal thing and drove home very carefully.

Now today I stalled pulling away from the lights. Restarted the engine, stalled again. Thought I must be in third gear so I put it into neutral, started the engine depressed the clutch but couldn't select any gears. Pumping the clutch a few times I was able to get it into gear and made it to work without any further problems. Journey home was also uneventful. I had to pop out about an hour later, reversed out onto the street and stalled again. Couldn't get it to go into gear again but this time pumping the clutch did nothing. I was able to get into gear with the engine off. Starting the engine with the car in gear and clutch pedal fully depressed it's obvious the the clutch isn't fully disengaging. I managed to get the car back on the drive. Noticed that there's a small oily patch on the drive under where the gearbox would be. Would I be right in thinking that the new slave cylinder has failed?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Gameferrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 17:30   #2
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Sorry to hear your having so many problem's.....hope they get sorted mate......must be frustrating when you are doing so much work to it
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs

Last edited by keithst24; 14th August 2016 at 18:20..
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 17:37   #3
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Noticed that there's a small oily patch on the drive under where the gearbox would be. Would I be right in thinking that the new slave cylinder has failed?

It loks very much like it is the Slave Cylinder ,,unfortunatley.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 17:58   #4
Gameferrit
Regular poster

MG ZT 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Sorry to here your having so many problem's.....hope they get sorted mate......must be frustrating when you are doing so much work to it
Thanks mate, it is pretty frustrating.

Old 14th August 2016, 17:59   #5
Gameferrit
Regular poster

MG ZT 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Noticed that there's a small oily patch on the drive under where the gearbox would be. Would I be right in thinking that the new slave cylinder has failed?

It loks very much like it is the Slave Cylinder ,,unfortunatley.
To be honest that's what I'm hoping for. Should get fixed under warranty.