Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2016, 11:55   #201
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I have tried TOAF. Well, when I say try, I connected it up. Had a look around, clicking on the various modules. Being mindful with each click I made, because I couldnt see any back up option that people referred to. Then I see the HRW delete. Instinctively because, it was probably the only thing that bore any attraction to me, I clicked it. Noticed the save, clicked just as I noticed the back up button.

Some will ask why I wished to disable the auto HRW. Well in the few hundred times it has come on, I can safely say I needed it 4 or 5 of those times! A bit like the extra wear on locks with double presses and auto locking (which I happen to appreciate after a spate of traffic light hijackings here), it adds unnecessary wear on the switch and heating elements.

So the heated element went off and I couldnt resist trying the police lights. I have tried it, dont need to do it again lol.

Next I looked at the thousands of 'sporadic' fault codes. WOW! If my car was a horse, it would have been shot. Til I looked closer. Bulb warnings, SRS warnings etc. Clicked on a lot of them, then cleared them, because they seemed to go back a long way. But two caught my attention. Low pre fuel pressure (I think that was the term) and strange to me injector readings, possibly why I am only getting 35 mpg instead of the 150 everyone else gets (I really do expect 40 in truth). Once cleared the low pre fuel ones came back, though, so I assume along with injector readings and this, will explain my mpg issues. After my return from holiday, I will investigate further, and ask the appropriate questions, in the appropriate place of course.

A couple of days after doing this, I noticed my key fob long press was not releasing my boot. (mk2). So I assume from this is related to what Brian has suggested below. I am due to drive to the airport in a few hours, so I am not going to risk setting it back just 'til I return lol.
pre fuel will come on every time you switch to posII and let the UBP time out... its not a fault...
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:26   #202
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
I have tried TOAF. Well, when I say try, I connected it up. Had a look around, clicking on the various modules. Being mindful with each click I made, because I couldnt see any back up option that people referred to. Then I see the HRW delete. Instinctively because, it was probably the only thing that bore any attraction to me, I clicked it. Noticed the save, clicked just as I noticed the back up button.

Some will ask why I wished to disable the auto HRW. Well in the few hundred times it has come on, I can safely say I needed it 4 or 5 of those times! A bit like the extra wear on locks with double presses and auto locking (which I happen to appreciate after a spate of traffic light hijackings here), it adds unnecessary wear on the switch and heating elements.

So the heated element went off and I couldnt resist trying the police lights. I have tried it, dont need to do it again lol.

Next I looked at the thousands of 'sporadic' fault codes. WOW! If my car was a horse, it would have been shot. Til I looked closer. Bulb warnings, SRS warnings etc. Clicked on a lot of them, then cleared them, because they seemed to go back a long way. But two caught my attention. Low pre fuel pressure (I think that was the term) and strange to me injector readings, possibly why I am only getting 35 mpg instead of the 150 everyone else gets (I really do expect 40 in truth). Once cleared the low pre fuel ones came back, though, so I assume along with injector readings and this, will explain my mpg issues. After my return from holiday, I will investigate further, and ask the appropriate questions, in the appropriate place of course.

A couple of days after doing this, I noticed my key fob long press was not releasing my boot. (mk2). So I assume from this is related to what Brian has suggested below. I am due to drive to the airport in a few hours, so I am not going to risk setting it back just 'til I return lol.
Did boot release works before you connect toaf? If yes, go to bcu settings and check boot open configuration.
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:45   #203
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
Did boot release works before you connect toaf? If yes, go to bcu settings and check boot open configuration.
It did before yes, and I have tried that.

I have read that there is a possibility that the stopping the heated rear window may cause issues, so when I get back from holiday, I will look into it.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:17   #204
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

Facelift v6 .... Deactivating HRW no problems and t4 doesn't behave any differently after either.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:15   #205
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
It did before yes, and I have tried that.

I have read that there is a possibility that the stopping the heated rear window may cause issues, so when I get back from holiday, I will look into it.
We will be in touch. Write PM if you need
longer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:08   #206
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
We will be in touch. Write PM if you need
Thank you, I don't have any useful info as yet to send Lol but when I get back I will investigate further

Old 3rd May 2016, 16:12   #207
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

Well it's an option for the brave I say but I no I will never ever use it and I hope it all works for everyone I really do. But we'll all have an opinion on it each to the own.

I no I use an t4 never ever an toaf or what ever it's called its new it needs the people like Bri and others to run hell of an lot of tests to it before I even think about it. Flashing police lights etc. Not for me car was not designed for this I don't think.
Like I said in one post very good for people over seas. Maybe the people in middle of knowere but I rather drive to someone with an t4. Well it's up to who ever wants to use but I think I would deffo give it an wide birth

Each to the own. But I think it's fair to say it needs like of Bri an big Riss etc etc to look at toaf and give theire honest opinion on it. I would just keep an big birth away from it and. Each to the own good luck. To all who use it hope it works for you all not my cup ov tea
saxo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:45   #208
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo1980 View Post
Well it's an option for the brave I say but I no I will never ever use it and I hope it all works for everyone I really do. But we'll all have an opinion on it each to the own.

I no I use an t4 never ever an toaf or what ever it's called its new it needs the people like Bri and others to run hell of an lot of tests to it before I even think about it. Flashing police lights etc. Not for me car was not designed for this I don't think.
Like I said in one post very good for people over seas. Maybe the people in middle of knowere but I rather drive to someone with an t4. Well it's up to who ever wants to use but I think I would deffo give it an wide birth

Each to the own. But I think it's fair to say it needs like of Bri an big Riss etc etc to look at toaf and give theire honest opinion on it. I would just keep an big birth away from it and. Each to the own good luck. To all who use it hope it works for you all not my cup ov tea
I agree, however, whilst there is a t4 operator near me, to hassle them simply to look over their shoulder I don't feel is fair. I am so curious to know what is happening with the car, not so much to change or repair things. But if I go to a t4 operator saying this is wrong or that is wrong. They will likely fix it. However if I suspect an additional issue, because toaf shows an issue maybe totally unrelated, I shall be able to ask said operator to investigate. I am not sure if t4 would prompt them otherwise.

Of course I could come across as a worrying mother, and meet lots of rolled eyes Lol, but toaf for most will be a preventative monitoring solution rather than a adjustment tool.

In saying that my curiosity did pique.

T4 though I believe will be king.

Old 3rd May 2016, 16:52   #209
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
I agree, however, whilst there is a t4 operator near me, to hassle them simply to look over their shoulder I don't feel is fair. I am so curious to know what is happening with the car, not so much to change or repair things. But if I go to a t4 operator saying this is wrong or that is wrong. They will likely fix it. However if I suspect an additional issue, because toaf shows an issue maybe totally unrelated, I shall be able to ask said operator to investigate. I am not sure if t4 would prompt them otherwise.

Of course I could come across as a worrying mother, and meet lots of rolled eyes Lol, but toaf for most will be a preventative monitoring solution rather than a adjustment tool.

In saying that my curiosity did pique.

T4 though I believe will be king.
Your dashboard and your ears should be your monitoring tools....

The likes of TOAF (I have used it and like it for a few reasons as well as being weary for a few more) is ideal for the gent in the middle of nowhere to read a code and have half an idea of how serious it may be or to change the odd setting here and there...

T4 is for serious diagnostics because of the prompting and graphical information it gives you, it is far more useful than a page full of moving numbers to the man on the street.

Therefor I will be using BOTH systems and getting the best out of them for the type of job I need...

There are bugs in TOAF, they will be found and corrected, there are improvement suggestions which I have no doubt you will see in later iterations, but for me T4 (and more importantly the operators experience) is the better tool for the reasons mentioned above...
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:03   #210
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

I wouldn't trust myself to use TOAF on our car, simply because I don't know enough about the systems on the 75 to even interpret what the program was telling me. I've said it before but the only man plugging anything into our Rosey has a Geordie accent and smells of hob nobs (chocolate only)

If members feel comfortable using it then surely that's up to them, they will still need to go and see Phil or Big Russ or any of the other traders for real problem sorting