Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2016, 19:58   #1
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Default New Trailer tent today :-)))

Hi to all.
I haven't posted much lately due to finding out that my wife for the last 25 years has run off with another chap a month ago . The last few weeks I've had to release a lot of tied up cash as everything we bought was virtually 50/50. One of the things I've decided to sell was our cherished Eriba Puck Caravan. We had it for 10 years and I loved every holiday we spent in it. They are quite a rarity and sort after van and I managed to sell it for more than what I paid for it 10 years back. Anyway ,enough of the doom and gloom and self pity.
As soon as the Eriba had gone I could not bare the thought of not enjoying a camping trip so I've been trawling the internet for a trailer tent. It didn't take long to find a good one either. I didn't want a four berth one with twin double beds because it would of been a bit of a wrestling match trying to set it up by myself. So welcome to my Cabanon Venus trailer tent. Its ideal for one person because it only has one double bed and it doesn't need pegging down. It also comes with an awning for longer stays as and when needed. I'm now really looking forward to my long weekend breaks away in this pocket sized trailer tent. If you ever see me ( you know who I am with the rover 75 parked up next to it lol ) feel free to say hello and share a beer. Onwards and upwards as they say. :-))))
Johnny
Old 4th April 2016, 20:33   #2
TR75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had of recent Johnny. Life has a habit of throwing us curve balls every now and again.

Great news about the new trailer. We've still got our 1990 Pennine Pullman and had some wonderful holidays in it. There is something very therapeutic about sleeping under canvas but with a few added luxuries. We've now bought a caravan so are very sadly going to have to sell the Pennine. I do think trailer tents are making a comeback as people realise you can really have the best of both worlds.

I wish you many happy holidays in your new purchase. You never know, may bump into you one day.
Old 4th April 2016, 20:45   #3
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Cheers buddy. It tows brilliantly behind to 75. In fact it tows alittle to good to be honest. You really don't notice it there and,you can easily be on the wrong side of the law. After a few miles you forget it's there and 70 soon appears on the speedo. I'll have to keep an eye on that one.
Old 5th April 2016, 03:23   #4
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Sorry to read this as I always enjoy reading your posts as your always ready to take part and share your views good luck for the future and keep your chin up as they say karma will prevail I'm sure
Old 13th April 2016, 20:53   #5
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Sorry to hear this Johnny - as TR75 says - curved balls can come at you anytime.

If you ever get down to the New Forest on one of your trips give me a PM and we can meet up for that beer!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote