Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2015, 04:45   #51
old-oily

Rover 75 Tourer x2

Wink

She's stays with me, I'm a fighter I don't quit
What a terrible wee rascal trying to run off with a mans car just because he forgets to breath sometimes or something trivial.
Anyway, loose plan is when Lord Rover pops his clogs we wash n polish his car, lay him out in state inside. Stuff the car with cardboard and paraffin set it all ablaze, launch it down a slipway at a local pier. Stand singing n chanting drinking beer watching him blazing off into the sunset .
Maybe “We will rock you” by Queen for the sing-along chant grunt in tune with thumping car roofs bonnets etc for the boom boom boom bits.

Of course it would be recorded on camera for posting up on you tube , hell it could be Hollywood Epic.
Not that we expect this to be anytime soon, absolutely not no rush, happy to wait, whenever.
All tentative plans subject to change due to reality interfering with daydreams.
Get Well Soon from everyone

Last edited by old-oily; 15th December 2015 at 04:50.. Reason: messy post
old-oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 07:12   #52
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
High blood pressure in someone under 40 and not obese is pretty unusual, but if it's just down to a particular lifestyle change it could be relatively easy to fix. What you should be doing is avoiding anything that could trigger a more significant event like a stroke (and no, this is not something that can only happen to older/fatter people).

Best not have any caffeine for a bit, at least till the cause of this is known. You're just going to have to live like a monk for a number of days - very little booze (especially spirits), no coffee, as little e-cig as possible. Nothing that could raise your blood pressure any higher.

As said above, this is not the sort of thing you should be waiting a week to get checked out. It's important to identify the cause and do your best to avoid any sort of "last straw" incident that might affect the rest of your life. Insist on an MRI scan, a echocardiogram and referral to a vascular consultant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Andy, he drives a Rover 75, that could be difficult
Oh yes now that is tough.
Even got more parts arrived from Mat as well that need putting on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
David,

Take a break from forum life and all other aspects. Chill out and take your Doctor's advice. The Club's forums will carry on without your input for a while

28 days later, we will still be here......

Take it easy, your health is more important than your avid input to this Club's forums (or any other)

Been in the same place, almost, and cut back on a lot of things I was involved in.... Did me good in the long term.... I'm still here.... But not as young as you, so be aware of your own life expectancy....

You have one life.... That is all.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-oily View Post
She's stays with me, I'm a fighter I don't quit
What a terrible wee rascal trying to run off with a mans car just because he forgets to breath sometimes or something trivial.
Anyway, loose plan is when Lord Rover pops his clogs we wash n polish his car, lay him out in state inside. Stuff the car with cardboard and paraffin set it all ablaze, launch it down a slipway at a local pier. Stand singing n chanting drinking beer watching him blazing off into the sunset .
Maybe “We will rock you” by Queen for the sing-along chant grunt in tune with thumping car roofs bonnets etc for the boom boom boom bits.

Of course it would be recorded on camera for posting up on you tube , hell it could be Hollywood Epic.
Not that we expect this to be anytime soon, absolutely not no rush, happy to wait, whenever.
All tentative plans subject to change due to reality interfering with daydreams.
Get Well Soon from everyone
Can I add on there if I do go which I dought very much, could you get a few Vulcan bombers together and ask them to fire and drop a few bombs on the car please.

Just so it can be in the air and fly.

Have to admit all of you, its a bit frustrating, I'm not unwell feeling sick or get any cold,

Energy wise I'm ok, just this light headedness.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 08:15   #53
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
That's what he said Friday this week 08:30 am for my appointment.

Steve I ain' going anywhere.
She's stays with me, I'm a fighter I don't quit and I won't, it could be something simple, but I'll find out soon.
These T4 guys can work wonders, could you not get yourself plugged into a T4?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 14:13   #54
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Good afternoon chaps.

Well I have to say this is an odd one that's for sure.
I shouldn't have but I went to train today and had somebody with me, yeah a Fitness instructor that train and teachers water sports, just kayaking canoeing etc.

One of my friends saw me come in and must have informed of my situation, he told me that Chris had a hand it, I couldn't keep still I'm a active person.

I had to do something.

So Keith was with me the entire time and he wanted to do his own tests, ok fair enough go for it I said.

He took my blood pressure even tho I had it done yesterday, its still a bit high but not much, he asked me if I'd panicked a bit on the day, I said yes I feel very uneasy with doctors and hospitals, right think that have affected his readings a bit.

Anyway I was on cardio machines this time, he wanted to do heart control training which he set up himself, I accepted and carried on with it, nice and light for a good mins and then pick up the pace slightly more each time.

My heart rate was closely monitored, during the training I my heart rate was pretty bang on where it needs to be at certain levels of physical training.

He kept asking if I was feeling dizzy and I said, no just feeling the same, just my head feeling that I'm lagging behind, but no sickness or any ill feeling at all.

If I turn my head quickly, it feels like slow motion but not by much.

After the 30 min session we stopped, his response, Dave nothing to worry about, if its your heart was going you would have either felt very tired, weak or worse.

Personally I think you've got infection which is working its way, but still get checked regardless its always good to check to be on the safe side, plus its updated regarding your blood tests.

Asked me to come back 2moro to check my heart rate with no excssersie at all.

Won't be till after Friday or depending what the GP says.

Like some of you have mentioned, light dizziness could all sorts of things.

To be honest I'm going to carry on as normal, no training now till everything is cleared up.

I won't be driving just yet, I'll still keep using the ear drops that I was given, could be that that's making me feel unbalanced as the GP there gunked up quite a bit.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Last edited by Lordy; 15th December 2015 at 14:15..
Old 15th December 2015, 15:55   #55
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I did a search for water sports . . . . it didn't come back with kayaking

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 16:02   #56
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I did a search for water sports . . . . it didn't come back with kayaking
Here you go.

http://www.plasmenai.co.uk/

Its only down the road from and the gym I use.
They do courses in Kayaking,

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 15th December 2015, 16:16   #57
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Not into kayaks, canoes etc. When I was in the air cadets we were canoeing in the Tweed estuary, big old heavy fibreglass two man canoe. It capsised, guy in the front got out but because of the undulating sand on the riverbed I was almost bent double, wedged between the heavy canoe and the bottom, couldn't get out. Put me off canoes for life, won't get me on a boat unless it is big enough to have its own restaurant!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote