Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2015, 05:51   #11
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Snap Crackle and Pop
Never liked them, they always overflowed onto the table pouring the milk in the dish
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2015, 06:58   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Snap Crackle and Pop
Never liked them, they always overflowed onto the table pouring the milk in the dish
Ken.
Tesco's blue top milk prices also make a bit of a nonsense out of buying the smaller size - 75p for 2 pints, £1 for 4 pints. Only 25p more, for twice as much milk.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 20:57   #13
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hate Tesco. One of the companies that didn't do my TV repair shop any good. My older son is struggling in his corner shop near Tesco's superstore in Kilmarnock, he often doesn't get a wage out of it as he finds it virtually impossible to compete.
Old 7th November 2015, 21:23   #14
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

There was such a "ding dong" earlier in the year regarding the pricing of milk, the result I understood was that the price of milk would rise with greater contributions going to the producing farmers? What a nonsense with those pricings. I live on my own and do not need to keep large quantities, but it is illogical for me to pay 45 to 50 pence per pint when I can get two pints for 87 pence.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 09:00   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
There was such a "ding dong" earlier in the year regarding the pricing of milk, the result I understood was that the price of milk would rise with greater contributions going to the producing farmers? What a nonsense with those pricings. I live on my own and do not need to keep large quantities, but it is illogical for me to pay 45 to 50 pence per pint when I can get two pints for 87 pence.
Milk keeps much longer than it did and I'm a milk lover anyway. I am though very sensitive to milk going off and notice it much sooner than anyone else. I can use up a 4 pint well within its use by date, especially with the help of breakfast cereals and milky coffees. I bought a £1 4 pint last Sunday dated until the 10th and it was all gone by yesterday evening.

We have a high street just a few minutes walk away and a full size Tesco just a slightly longer walk away. I always favour the high street for most things, especially a Jack Fultons which undercuts even Tesco for many things. Fulton's sell a mix of things, some close to their sell by date what ever they can pick up cheap to sell at the time, so their lines change almost constantly. No point in enjoying something, then going back a week later in the hope of them still having any on the shelves.

I also buy a lot of things from Aldi, but that is in the next town. The quality of some of their lines exceeds that of either Tesco or Fultons big names. I especially like their tinned items, like peas, beans and their everyday value rice pudding. The latter 19p a tin - very milky and it tastes much closer to a home-made rice pudding than any of the big expensive names.

Their tins of sausage and beans are rammed with sausages, versus the 4x sausages most of the big names put in.

Believe me, I am a really fussy eater.

Even the two dogs prefer Aldi's tinned meats to anything else I have bought them. £1.99 for 6 tins, versus £2.50 to £3.50 from other sources, so I now buy two or three multi packs for them each time I go to Aldi.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote