Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2015, 17:30   #1
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Default Wiring up 12s towbar socket

Hi,

Had a look on how-to's but couldn't see a link so putting the question out to you all.

Fitted a towbar to my 51 plate R75 saloon a few months ago with single 12n electrics. Things have changed and we now need a 12s socket wired in. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I think I need to take power direct from the battery as opposed to via the fusebox but would appreciate any help/guidance please.

Thanks.

Tony.
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 17:47   #2
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

There will be a connector taped to the loom behind the passenger fuse panel which you could use, with Orange/Slate, Light Green/Pink and Light Green cables which is where the OE towing kit connects to the car loom.

The Orange/Slate is the power battery feed, Light Green/Pink is an ignition feed.
Unless you are using an OE kit, you won't need the Light Green is as it uses it for connecting the towing ECU to the LSM.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 20:18   #3
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
There will be a connector taped to the loom behind the passenger fuse panel which you could use, with Orange/Slate, Light Green/Pink and Light Green cables which is where the OE towing kit connects to the car loom.

The Orange/Slate is the power battery feed, Light Green/Pink is an ignition feed.
Unless you are using an OE kit, you won't need the Light Green is as it uses it for connecting the towing ECU to the LSM.
Thanks very much. I shall have a look tomorrow and get it wired up now you've given me a heads up what to look for.

Cheers.
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote