Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2008, 22:17   #21
cjmillsnun
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi & MGZT+ CDTi 135

Is this what you were after?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=18951

PS... Welcome to the club
cjmillsnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 22:47   #22
curriemart
Regular poster

Rover 75

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes, I read that thread, but what I don't want to do is cut off the end connector on the VUL100330 harness if, instead, I can just obtain a new connector somewhere and wire it up.
Seems a shame to ruin the harness just for the sake of obtaining the end connector. If I can find out what type of connector it is (and then buy one somewhere) to fit the Alpine unit, the VUL100330 harness will then be surplus to my requirements and can be sold on!
curriemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 13:36   #23
curriemart
Regular poster

Rover 75

Well, I received the head unit, changer, and VUL100320 harness. The harness is a waste of time as my facelift car does not have a BMW connector behind the facia.
Now I have 2 options to connect the changer:-
1. obtain a new 10-pin BMW connector (part PBT-GF10) from somewhere (I suspect that the only way to get this connector is as part of a harness). If I can get a spare connector the harness will be for sale.
or
2. take the connectors off and solder the various wires together to make a permanent connection.
Regarding the K-bus w/r/y cable- can anybody tell me what the K-bus does in the car and in the context of the CD changer?
Also, can you splice in to any of the w/r/y cables on the car to use on pin 19 of the blue mini ISO?
curriemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:08   #24
Neil Coupland
Gets stuck in

Range Rover Sport, MG TF 160 Aubergine

Quote:
Originally Posted by curriemart View Post
Well, I received the head unit, changer, and VUL100320 harness. The harness is a waste of time as my facelift car does not have a BMW connector behind the facia.
Now I have 2 options to connect the changer:-
1. obtain a new 10-pin BMW connector (part PBT-GF10) from somewhere (I suspect that the only way to get this connector is as part of a harness). If I can get a spare connector the harness will be for sale.
or
2. take the connectors off and solder the various wires together to make a permanent connection.
Regarding the K-bus w/r/y cable- can anybody tell me what the K-bus does in the car and in the context of the CD changer?
Also, can you splice in to any of the w/r/y cables on the car to use on pin 19 of the blue mini ISO?

1. No

2. Yes

I went through the same process (see earlier in this thread) in changing an IOVOX (without changer) to a symphony with changer.

I utilised only the blue mini connector from the harness and spliced it into my existing wiring . The connections to make are live (purple/pink), earth (black) and kbus (red/white/yellow). I took my live and earth from the loom running into the radio, and found a kbus cable a short way back into the loom.

The kbus is the system used to allow different electronic components to communicate to each other (simple explanation and experts on here will give a much better answer)
Cheers
Neil
Neil Coupland is offline   Reply With Quote