Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2015, 22:58   #11
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

75 Contempery SE Tourer in Moonshine/220 Coupe's/ 216 Coupe's 420GSI Tourer

£20 for one day £148 for three weeks but would have to ring them to check my use of the vehicle and tell them I do not own it tomorrow

£148 is quit a bit for less than a month compared to say £300 for a year!

I have used temp cover to pick up a car before for e a day and £20 for that is reasonable but for more than two or three day it certainly starts to add up
Old 25th June 2015, 23:05   #12
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
Hmm technically that only matters if the registered keeper changes, and the legal owner does not have to be the registered keeper.

So in theory a signed receipt transferring ownership of the van would be enough wouldn't it
The insurance company did not specify weather I had t to be the legal owner or the registered keeper of the van the just said I had to have a financial interest in the van which I would take as being the owner not the registered keeper.
For the registered keeper to stay the same he would at the very least need to be a named driver off the van if not the main driver a guess!!?

Last edited by kevin75tourer; 26th June 2015 at 07:11..
kevin75tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 23:19   #13
RayH
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin75tourer View Post
The insurance company did not specify weather I had t to be the legal owner ot the registered keeper of the van the just said I had to have a financial intrest in the van which I would take as being the owner not the registered keeper.
For the registered keeper to stay the same he would at the very least need to be a named driver off the van if not the main driver a guess!!?
For the sort of "day cover" I looked at you didn't need any financial interest. I did a similar thing some years ago when a mate and I did a trip. He had some silly dealer insurance that was going to cost a small fortune to amend so I took out cover for a couple of days on his car.
RayH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 07:13   #14
kevin75tourer
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayH View Post
For the sort of "day cover" I looked at you didn't need any financial interest. I did a similar thing some years ago when a mate and I did a trip. He had some silly dealer insurance that was going to cost a small fortune to amend so I took out cover for a couple of days on his car.
My comment related to normal insurance not temp cover.

Thank again for the help and input and sorry if the was any confusion!

Many more ideas or comments?
Old 26th June 2015, 07:35   #15
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

DVLA take officially up to 8 weeks to process V5's (transfer of registered keeper) since their 'modernisation' it can take longer...... Again a V5 is not evidence of ownership anyway. In my opinion I think you should take 'part ownership' of the van with your friend. Insure it as you wish and return 'full ownership' to him at a later date. Don't fret about the V5. All of this process is really just a play on words.
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote