Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th May 2015, 07:14   #1
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Default Autel AL419

Can any members tell me if this diagnostic tool (Autel AL419) will work with the 75/ZT range ? (Or is it only the dealer T4 system that will work with our cars )

Many thanks in advance
Old 31st May 2015, 17:52   #2
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

hi there
I work for a company that sells that product and I will find out for tomorrow when I am back at work
simonmgzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 17:43   #3
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

have a look at this

http://www.obdii.com/background.html

and it should work on our cars but will only give you the fault code.
Old 1st June 2015, 17:56   #4
breakfastinsmethwick
Gets stuck in

Maintainer of sons ZT M47r

My Autel maxidas is next to useless on the 75 but excellent on other cars, so I can only guess the answers no.
breakfastinsmethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 19:14   #5
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastinsmethwick View Post
My Autel maxidas is next to useless on the 75 but excellent on other cars, so I can only guess the answers no.
is it the maxidas ds708 if so that is because it does not have the mg rover data in the system but I have asked the question with our buyer of the company I work for if it could have the data put on them as it could be needed for the new mg3/6 as I think they use the same protocol as the original mg rover cars that we have but don't hold me to that as I not 100% sure on that and they are looking into it.

even the autel ms905 and autel ms908 don't have the data on them and I have access to most of the diagnostic tools supplied and can try them at any time.

what year is your rover 75?
Old 1st June 2015, 19:26   #6
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmgzs View Post
is it the maxidas ds708 if so that is because it does not have the mg rover data in the system but I have asked the question with our buyer of the company I work for if it could have the data put on them as it could be needed for the new mg3/6 as I think they use the same protocol as the original mg rover cars that we have but don't hold me to that as I not 100% sure on that and they are looking into it.

even the autel ms905 and autel ms908 don't have the data on them and I have access to most of the diagnostic tools supplied and can try them at any time.

what year is your rover 75?
You wouldnt be able to find a tool that can run the abs brake bleeding process would you? Mine is a 2001 cdt, and wouldnt mind spending a reasonable sum for a decent tool for home use. Searches of the internet throw up numerous devices but none really give much assurance that they can do much more than reset service indicators, and read codes.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 19:35   #7
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
You wouldnt be able to find a tool that can run the abs brake bleeding process would you? Mine is a 2001 cdt, and wouldnt mind spending a reasonable sum for a decent tool for home use. Searches of the internet throw up numerous devices but none really give much assurance that they can do much more than reset service indicators, and read codes.
I have an Autel ms509 that I use for everyday code reading and a delphi clone which does bleed the abs system on the zt & 75.
Old 1st June 2015, 19:46   #8
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
I have an Autel ms509 that I use for everyday code reading and a delphi clone which does bleed the abs system on the zt & 75.
Hi wullie, what year is your cdt? And would you have any links to the device that does the abs bleeding? Or advice on what search terms to use.

My brakes on the 2001 car never used to bother me, i suspect that the abs could have air in it after i replaced the brake pipes several years ago, and since then their performance has been adequate but never startling, and i have always used genuine mgr disks and pads, but recently taken on a 2002 auto, and the brakes on that are so much sharper that it has prompted me to try and sharpen up the older girl.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 19:49   #9
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Hi wullie, what year is your cdt? And would you have any links to the device that does the abs bleeding? Or advice on what search terms to use.

My brakes on the 2001 car never used to bother me, i suspect that the abs could have air in it after i replaced the brake pipes several years ago, and since then their performance has been adequate but never startling, and i have always used genuine mgr disks and pads, but recently taken on a 2002 auto, and the brakes on that are so much sharper that it has prompted me to try and sharpen up the older girl.
Pm on its way right after posting this.
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:08   #10
simonmgzs
Regular poster

mg ztt

Quote:
I have found these for you and they are vs0204 which is powered by air and the other is vs0207 and this is run by a 12 volt battery on the vehicle and both are compatible with abs

have a look here and type in the model numbers

www.sealey.co.uk and I can put you intouch with one of dealers if necessary

and as for maxidas I was talking with of ours buyers today and they said it wont work on your 2001 diesel as they were not allowed on generic diagnostic machines until 2004 and the petrol versions were on the generic diagnostic machines since 2001 and also he has been talking with autel about the vehicles that are not on these diagnostic tablets and mg rover is one of them and now that the new mg are now Chinese made autel are possibly going to add them onto the tablets but this is not guaranteed as it is upto autel to decide and if they do it will be available as a software update