Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2015, 21:52   #1
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Default Did you work at Longbridge ?

Following on from ProfDave's recent post about his new duotone (and me not knowing I had a pic of it hidden away), it's got me thinking again about the history of Moonstone Tourer X702UOK - the first one off the line.

I'm sure that someone who worked at Longbridge must have taken a photo or two as it was being built ? Surely someone at the factory would have taken a snap, with it being the first of it's type to be built at Longbridge ?

So if you have any old albums, or know of anyone who worked there in 2001 on the 75 assembly lines, or later in the testing & development department, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 09:39   #2
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Hope you have some luck with this. I had a similar idea when I bought mine. Spoke to a few people at past POL's and many remembered the three cars lined up at the end of the line and took photos, however, due to age and many many phone changes non of the images survived. One of John Towers handing my car over in person is the one I'm looking for

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 15:22   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I can agree with this, at Gaydon last year for the national, a guy came up to me and said it was good to see Kermit again!

Turns out he prepped the car ready for delivery to the tech Director, told me a few tales about the history too
Old 29th March 2015, 15:44   #4
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Following on from ProfDave's recent post about his new duotone (and me not knowing I had a pic of it hidden away), it's got me thinking again about the history of Moonstone Tourer X702UOK - the first one off the line.

I'm sure that someone who worked at Longbridge must have taken a photo or two as it was being built ? Surely someone at the factory would have taken a snap, with it being the first of it's type to be built at Longbridge ?

So if you have any old albums, or know of anyone who worked there in 2001 on the 75 assembly lines, or later in the testing & development department, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks
When attending the Classic Car Show during November the club stand seems to attract quite a few Ex Longbridge production line and paint shop workers.

I'll have to remember to ask them if they worked on the first production tourer.

At last years show we were chatting to a ex paint shop worker who painted most of the Monogram cars.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 15:55   #5
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Turns out he prepped the car ready for delivery to the tech Director, told me a few tales about the history too
spill the beans then
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 16:32   #6
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

You might try giving member Stephen Fussell a pm, He might be able to help, he worked at Longbridge and is a mine of information.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 20:03   #7
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

A few years ago I posted a thread asking if there were any ex Longridge workers on the forum. I got no response. I got the impression they were keeping heads down.

Personally, I think they would feel proud to have worked there.
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 17:10   #8
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Thanks for the replies guys, unlikely that I'll have the repairs finished in time for POL (but hope to bring it to Haynes in May).

Will try Stephen Fussell, thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 19:00   #9
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

I work with few people that worked at longbridge i can ask them next time ill see them
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote