Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th January 2014, 05:08   #21
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by K£150N View Post
Lovely stuff

#TryingToKeepTheMarqueOnTheRoad

Input on the spring type would be gratefully received so I could get them ordered.

I believe it was these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-SHOE...item56376dc2ee

The size is 15mm diameter and 22mm long based on one of mine which I just measured, but the actual place i got them from before doesn't seem to be around now. They have 6 coils on them which makes these linked here the best match.

Unfortunately on all the ebay sites the pictures look the same,, making it very hard to be sure of the sizes you are buying till they actually arrive. I believe the information in my earlier posts was correct.

Mine have been on now since that earlier post with no problems and a MOT pass behind it.

(Incidentally there was a recent thread indicating that Rimmers have New back plates due in some time in January - Just checked and they are still showing "Expected".)

Last edited by David Lawrence; 7th January 2014 at 05:21..
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 16:21   #22
K£150N
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
I believe it was these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-SHOE...item56376dc2ee

The size is 15mm diameter and 22mm long based on one of mine which I just measured, but the actual place i got them from before doesn't seem to be around now. They have 6 coils on them which makes these linked here the best match.

Unfortunately on all the ebay sites the pictures look the same,, making it very hard to be sure of the sizes you are buying till they actually arrive. I believe the information in my earlier posts was correct.

Mine have been on now since that earlier post with no problems and a MOT pass behind it.

(Incidentally there was a recent thread indicating that Rimmers have New back plates due in some time in January - Just checked and they are still showing "Expected".)
Many thanks David for getting back to me, I'll order these in for the repair. I'll also add the pins and hold down washers as listed previously.

I'll use the extra washer on the back plate for strength and support over the corroded pin hole.

ChampionDaddy also kindly came back to me with these from Rimmers at a good price. I've opted for the others as I couldn't see any hold down washers.

Thanks guys
K£150N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 18:28   #23
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by K£150N View Post
Many thanks David for getting back to me, I'll order these in for the repair. I'll also add the pins and hold down washers as listed previously.

I'll use the extra washer on the back plate for strength and support over the corroded pin hole.

ChampionDaddy also kindly came back to me with these from Rimmers at a good price. I've opted for the others as I couldn't see any hold down washers.

Thanks guys

I'm hoping the hold down kits last me until the backplates finally come in to stock again. I'm sure there will be a flood of threads about them when they turn up. I've had no issues so far though, and the brake holds on 2-3 clicks between annual services when I give everything a clean up
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 07:32   #24
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Hi all,

I am joust picking up on the this old thread as I have the same issue.

Seems that I need pins ans pin retainers type BR51 and BR62

Does anyone know which Ford these parts belongs to? I found a fitting kit for a Sierra which seems to have the same pins and retainers.
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote