Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2015, 13:09   #1
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Default Drivers actuator

Hi,
Is there any how to's on the drivers front door actuator?

Have tried looking and searching but can only find one for the rear n/s door and Haynes is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Spent the morning at the scrapyard was very unpleasant, but managed to get a door actuator off an MG just hoping now it works..... could not get the one off the only 75 there, as someone had rounded off the star bolts

But was a pig of a job, star bolts came out no trouble, door card off, but it was attached at the top? ended up undoing the window runner to get it out, and that was being brutal... obviously to get my broken one out I am going to have to be gentle.. but am miffed by the extras.... rears are easy, 1 or 2 rods to connect. But this has 3..... one for interior handle, 1 for exterior handle and the pop up rod. What on earth is the star? shaped bar? obviously goes into the keylock part? for exterior handle?

I have read I would have to remove the glass... obviously not doing that. Going to work around that somehow.

Any pointers? thanks.

Dont even get me started on the handbrake compensator I removed.... and that was on a scrap car... Im dreading taking my knackered one out.
Seafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2015, 20:17   #2
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

The star bit fits into the block that comes down from the handle. I found it best to undo the bolt at the bottom that secures the glass guide, and I can slide the actuator out. I am free the weekend if you need a hand.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2015, 02:18   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75tourerSE View Post
Hi,
Is there any how to's on the drivers front door actuator?

Have tried looking and searching but can only find one for the rear n/s door and Haynes is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Spent the morning at the scrapyard was very unpleasant, but managed to get a door actuator off an MG just hoping now it works..... could not get the one off the only 75 there, as someone had rounded off the star bolts

But was a pig of a job, star bolts came out no trouble, door card off, but it was attached at the top? ended up undoing the window runner to get it out, and that was being brutal... obviously to get my broken one out I am going to have to be gentle.. but am miffed by the extras.... rears are easy, 1 or 2 rods to connect. But this has 3..... one for interior handle, 1 for exterior handle and the pop up rod. What on earth is the star? shaped bar? obviously goes into the keylock part? for exterior handle?

I have read I would have to remove the glass... obviously not doing that. Going to work around that somehow.

Any pointers? thanks.

Dont even get me started on the handbrake compensator I removed.... and that was on a scrap car... Im dreading taking my knackered one out.
Hi Brian.
Click the link for removing and fitting the compensator
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...&postcount=103

I also have some pics of the actuator I will try and find them out for you tomorrow hoping I am not to late,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC14060.jpg (130.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14066.jpg (124.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SDC14068.jpg (120.2 KB, 22 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2015, 07:36   #4
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75tourerSE View Post

Just follow this for the compensator.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ke+Compensator

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 10:32   #5
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Thanks all, sorry for late reply...as been unwell of late. Steve we will have to pick a weekend for me to come over, now the better weather is arriving, if thats okay with you?... I have until May for my MOT, so slowly preparing it now.
Cheers guys.
Seafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 11:41   #6
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

No worries, am free most weekends unless that Mr Peck has me working on his car!
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote