Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2014, 13:17   #31
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

My only regret is that it did not go to one of the members on here, as I thought that it was....

But it did
Old 21st November 2014, 13:19   #32
Weso
I really should get out more.......

Mondeo ST TDCI Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc View Post
What on earth is wrong with someone trying to make money on a car?
Everyone had a chance to buy it on here at a good price, now we have people moaning that the price has gone up, and yet we complain that our cars are worth nothing !!!
If it goes for strong money good luck to the bloke, can't do any harm to any of us..
Would'nt it be a interesting development if dealers or more likely traders started buying our cars from our members cars for sale board for stock!
Old 21st November 2014, 14:23   #33
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
My only regret is that it did not go to one of the members on here, as I thought that it was....

But it did
Yes and as I own it having travelled 200 miles hm with 4hrs.15 on a train to collect people think im turning a big profit well after spending on this car that will not be the case, as it wasn't as described by the owner with issues not mention so before the slagging starts facts need to be correct

rgds
markm1741
Old 21st November 2014, 14:26   #34
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeruk View Post
To be fair, it was the OP on here who spent the money on detailing the car, not the current eBay seller. Also, by his own admission, the eBay seller spends c£40 on a valet so he's turning a pretty decent margin on the car with minimal outlay...
Really decent margin well having had to spend on this car that wont be the case, with issues not mentioned by the seller and in any case after a full day and 200 mile drive Hm profit is not a dirty word but the profit wont be as much as 1st thought

rgds

markm1741
Old 21st November 2014, 14:32   #35
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc View Post
What on earth is wrong with someone trying to make money on a car?
Everyone had a chance to buy it on here at a good price, now we have people moaning that the price has gone up, and yet we complain that our cars are worth nothing !!!
If it goes for strong money good luck to the bloke, can't do any harm to any of us..
thank you, yes its my job and im trying my best to keep these cars alive and worth a penny or 2, don't believe was being stated as big profit margins as the cars wasn't as good as stated, his line wheel re-furb air/bag issue and sticky gauge & that's it ! not true as I was still moaning late into Saturday night via tx with no recourse
Old 21st November 2014, 14:34   #36
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

never said I was David baily
Old 21st November 2014, 14:37   #37
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weso View Post
Would'nt it be a interesting development if dealers or more likely traders started buying our cars from our members cars for sale board for stock!
yes your right, just not enough good ones around but I have had a few off here

rgds

markm1741
Old 21st November 2014, 15:03   #38
archermav
Avid contributor

Range Rover TDV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1741 View Post
Yes and as I own it having travelled 200 miles hm with 4hrs.15 on a train to collect people think im turning a big profit well after spending on this car that will not be the case, as it wasn't as described by the owner with issues not mention so before the slagging starts facts need to be correct

rgds
markm1741
I don't actually believe there was going to be or indeed has been any such vulgar behavior. A few posts saying excellent write up and even one from me wishing you good luck with the sale

It's a nice car that I was interested in, just as I was with the black 75 se which I see you've taken a deposit for. I think we all appreciate that folk need to earn a living, it keeps the world turning.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:23   #39
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

sorry not having a go !, its just that others are and it gets my goat a little
and im trying to keep these cars alive for the well being of the Marque
Old 21st November 2014, 18:08   #40
largeruk
Regular poster

Skoda

Quote:
Yes and as I own it having travelled 200 miles hm with 4hrs.15 on a train to collect people think im turning a big profit well after spending on this car that will not be the case, as it wasn't as described by the owner with issues not mention so before the slagging starts facts need
Quote:
Really decent margin well having had to spend on this car that wont be the case, with issues not mentioned by the seller and in any case after a full day and 200 mile drive Hm profit is not a dirty word but the profit wont be as much as 1st thought
One of the many reasons I value this forum is the openness with which people are willing to take about the faults and foibles of their cars, even when selling them. Such honesty and transparency can only give confidence to potential buyers and ultimately aid any sale.

What were the issues that weren't mentioned by the seller and how have these been rectified? It might help other sellers if you detailed them. No slagging (at all, I assure you), just asking for facts.

Thanks
Closed Thread