Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd November 2014, 17:49   #1
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default GPS Worries

I have two cars, a Rover 75 and a ZTT, in the Rover I have one of Radio Guys units and an Android Erisin ES377 unit in the ZTT
A week ago I had sent away for a Micro card with GPS data on it, for the Android, put it in and it comes up with insert data card or words to that effect.
So I thought I would try the card out of the Rover which I knew worked, that also came up with please insert card.
I then put the Rover card back in, it now comes with a fault and I can't get my Gps system back on the Rover, would the unit need resetting.
I am at a complete loss.

Julien

Last edited by Rev Jules; 4th November 2014 at 09:32..
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 14:13   #2
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

I might be able to help - having done a factory reset on my Navall 1 recently and had to reinstall navigo, but to be honest I find your post a little confusing.

What units do you have? - are they both Android?
Are you trying to get the Rover unit working again now (assume yes) - and crucially, what is the exact message that appears?

Last edited by Ps3000; 4th November 2014 at 14:20..
Ps3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 14:50   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps3000 View Post
I might be able to help - having done a factory reset on my Navall 1 recently and had to reinstall navigo, but to be honest I find your post a little confusing.

What units do you have? - are they both Android?
Are you trying to get the Rover unit working again now (assume yes) - and crucially, what is the exact message that appears?
Many thanks for replying the Rover unit is a Wince from Radio Guy, it seems to have reset itself, the other one is as described Chinese Erisin ES777 which is an Android, it is not recognising the card I had got off of Ebay the unit keeps coming up with please insert card.

Julien
Old 4th November 2014, 15:04   #4
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

I assume this is the Igo nav app? For a start, application files for a WinCe unit won't work on an Android unit (or vice versa) the two basic operating systems are entirely different.

As I understand it, you had an sd card that was in the WinCe and was working - is your problem now that even though you have returned the original SD card to the Rover unit, it no longer recognises a card is present and your satnav won't work?
Old 4th November 2014, 15:13   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
I assume this is the Igo nav app? For a start, application files for a WinCe unit won't work on an Android unit (or vice versa) the two basic operating systems are entirely different.

As I understand it, you had an sd card that was in the WinCe and was working - is your problem now that even though you have returned the original SD card to the Rover unit, it no longer recognises a card is present and your satnav won't work?
The SD card for the Rover has reset so is now working.
The card I had got off of E-Bay is not recognised in the Android the screen comes up with( please insert a card) I have a funny feeling the card is set up for an IGO 8, because the screen is showing just an IGO logo.
Is that the problem?
Old 4th November 2014, 15:29   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi Julian,

The card you ordered should be Primo for Android on the card and not Igo8 for WinCe.

If you pop your card in your computer you can view files and check what you have been sent
If it is an android navigation program it will have an .apk file for application installer

Last edited by coolcat; 4th November 2014 at 15:31..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 15:31   #7
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

Er....With the best will in the world, I'd suggest the seller of the card is best placed to answer that. A lot depends on what's on the card, and what's supposed to be on there.
If your Erisin has another sd slot my first stop would be to try the other slot - mainly cos my android unit seems to have "given up" on one of the slots for reasons I don't understand.

If that doesn't work, then you should probably return the card for a refund - or if you want to fix the issue yourself, find a way to take a look what's actually on the sd card.

Edit: Pretty much as Coolcat says :-)
Old 4th November 2014, 16:50   #8
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
Er....With the best will in the world, I'd suggest the seller of the card is best placed to answer that. A lot depends on what's on the card, and what's supposed to be on there.
If your Erisin has another sd slot my first stop would be to try the other slot - mainly cos my android unit seems to have "given up" on one of the slots for reasons I don't understand.

If that doesn't work, then you should probably return the card for a refund - or if you want to fix the issue yourself, find a way to take a look what's actually on the sd card.

Edit: Pretty much as Coolcat says :-)
Yes it has two SD slots one is on the main unit itself, and another on a detachable Pad which can be used with WI-FI, so I have presumed the card should be put in the slot marked Media.
Julien
Old 5th November 2014, 10:38   #9
Radioguy
Banned

None

Put the Card in your Computer Julien and See if it has a File Ending in APK

If Not, Then Its Not an Android Navigation program

Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote