Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th November 2014, 09:18   #1
jpdoc
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default air bag sensor light - resolved with thanks

My 2000 connie v6 (44k mileage) was due to renew the tax Oct 31 and as such needed an MOT. Naturally, the air bag sensor light came on the week before, and I remembered that this was now a fail.

After perusing the various entries on the subject on this excellent forum my local mechanic (Frank at JC Autos in Clapham - top man, honest, very good and very fair, even drives a Rover himself) checked and cleaned the cable connecters under the seats but no result.

Thanks to this forum, especially this post-

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...+sensor&page=5

we thought it was likely the side impact sensor, particularly as the car had previously had a leak and the footwells were still pretty wet. Frank checked it out with a diagnostic computer which reported RHS side impact sensor faulty, I managed to get two from ebay (the original green type, I thought I'd grab a spare while they were still available), we swapped the right hand one, dried the footwell out and hey presto the light went off. Mot the next day (one day to spare) and all is well for another year of happy motoring.

I was horrified by the thought of trashing my beloved rover because of one red light, but once again this forum and all the experience and advice on it saved the day. Thanks to all!
jpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote