Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2014, 17:51   #21
CFS75
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

It's very difficult to compare individual running costs for domestic fuel because families and properties have different requirements.

For example;

Age, size and construction of a house, the quantity of insulation - cavity wall and roof insulation, double glazing, etc., and of course where in the UK you live has a major effect.

The number of people living in house and the actual amount of hours spent living there has to be taken into consideration.

How much of the house, viz, number of rooms, are kept heated and for how many hours each day must be calculated.

The age and health of the occupants may require higher room temperatures and thus more fuel used.

My situation:

My wife and I live in a three bedroom detached house. We are retired and my wife is unwell so we spent much time at home and the house is kept at around 22`C for most of the day, and most of our meals are cooked at home. The house has cavity wall insulation, double glazing and a good standard of insulation all round.

Gas and electricity purchased is about £1200 per year, but on the roof there are 16 solar panels which produce over 3200KW per year of which we use about a third. For the electricity generated I receive more than £1500 a year from the Feed In Tariff.

I would be interested to hear what other members solar panels are producing in various parts of the country.

Colin
CFS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 11:01   #22
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

Been looking into this recently as our gas supplier EON cant offer any other rate to us than the standard Energy Plan.

We live in a 2 bed semi detached with a loft conversion. Gas central heating, gas cooker. Its an ex councl house and so still has a prepayment electic meter which we have found we prefer to monthly bills as some periods in the year we are away for 2-3 weeks at a time. It helps us budget.

I have been looking into changing gas supplier, currenly pay about £750 per year in gas, 14955 kwh.

What i have found on the comparison sites is that they dont show you all the smaller suppliers. If you untick the ' only show suppliers you can switch to now' box you get all the deals available not just the ones the site has a pass on deal with.

Am looking into Daligas and Zog Energy 12 month fixed rate deals at the moment. Based on last years useage with EON i could save £200 per year by paying by Direct Debit.

Last edited by rosephus; 10th October 2014 at 11:03..
rosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 13:15   #23
Diggles
Regular poster

BMW e60 5 Series

Default I have you all beaten!

We have a 1996 5 bed detached with roof insulation and cavity wall insulation (loft need to be improved).

Electricity is about £120 per month (perhaps I need some of those LEDs). We have around 4 computers permanently on, but I can't think that explains the high bills.

BUT we are on LPG which is worse than oil. We don't have the house very warm as we use a log burner in the lounge, but gas bills exceed £2,200 per year.
Diggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 19:13   #24
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Diggles: BUT we are on LPG which is worse than oil.
Are you reading this Ed?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote