This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Update on the 3rd Xperia Z2 recieved today here
Old 30th July 2014, 09:40   #22
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

If you're getting choppy playback on the laptop that would indicate that the graphics chip in your laptop doesn't have enough grunt to be able to play them back. When I first got my S3 and started to record in 1080p I couldn't play them back on the laptop, it's only my newer one that has sufficient power to do so.

You could also try an alternate video player. VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en_GB.html) is one of the best alternates and worth a go.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:21   #23
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
If you're getting choppy playback on the laptop that would indicate that the graphics chip in your laptop doesn't have enough grunt to be able to play them back. When I first got my S3 and started to record in 1080p I couldn't play them back on the laptop, it's only my newer one that has sufficient power to do so.

You could also try an alternate video player. VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en_GB.html) is one of the best alternates and worth a go.
Thanks for that reply James. I will look into VLC player. Can you upload with youtube from the VLC player I wonder? The graphics chip is fine

I posted this earlier on the LCOZ.....

A phone arrived for me today whilst I was on the phone trying to return the faulty one with Vodafone. WTF. I didn't mind though as just swapped them over
I am having massive issues getting windows media player to accept and play videos from the Z2. Sent this to the Sony Technical department;

'Media player will not uploads videos taken in a blank icon and not a thumbnail picture and will not play them back. I get the message 'windows player experienced a problem while playing this video'. Tried trouble shooting, which comes up with 'Trouble Shooting Has Completed Problem Found. Media Library Is Corrupted,'. also showed an error code of C00D11B1 going from the WEB HELP option (something to do with sound?) My old phone a Sony Ericsson Elm uploaded videos with no problem but my new phone a Sony Xperia Z2 will not upload videos properly. My computer is a HP Pavilion g71352ea Notebook PC on Windows 7 Premier experience. Help needed please.'

Waiting on a call back. Tried ringing HP but phone would not ring out to the HP premium rate technical help number. There is an online trouble shooter but that is very general and this is a specific problem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well now it is the evening and I have spent most of the day trying to figure a way to get windows media player to accept videos from the Z2. The Sony customer Services were not that helpful in their knowledge but pointed me towards PC Companion and within Media Go I managed to down load the videos onto there with playback on the PC so they are safely stored. I just can't work out a way to upload to youtube from Media go. I have however worked out how to transfer the videos taken on the Z2 to youtube. There are editing features on the Z2 as well to edit before sending to youtube.
I took the laptop to a friend skilled around computers (has fixed my computers a few times) and the windows media player malfunction also has him stumped. It has something to do also with why downloaded MP3 tracks from Amazon or my library in windows media
player will load onto the computer to 99% and then spit the blank disk back out not completing the process/formatting. It comes up with an error code C00D11B1 linked to the sound devices but almost seems impossible to find a fix.
At least, touch wood, the Z2 is now working properly. For now videos will have to be load direct form phone to youtube. Pictures can go down the original route of upload to media player then to photobucket. Burning CD's will have to be put on the back burner for now

Last edited by Jay; 30th July 2014 at 22:26..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2014, 14:33   #24
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

If your nav system has a USB port put the MP3's onto a USB stick and play from there, I very rarely use discs these days.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2014, 15:30   #25
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Not sure if you are using Dropbox, but it certainly the way to go! Been using it for over a year now!
Saves a lot of hassle for sure