Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th March 2014, 02:55   #11
davejc79

rover 75 connoisuer 2L V6 2002

Sorry to be such a noob but i think this may sort my problem out too . Engine wont start and wont bump start either . Where can i get the orange clip everyone talks about and where in the engine bay is the part i am looking for . Again sorry to be such a noob
davejc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 05:15   #12
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejc79 View Post
Sorry to be such a noob but i think this may sort my problem out too . Engine wont start and wont bump start either . Where can i get the orange clip everyone talks about and where in the engine bay is the part i am looking for . Again sorry to be such a noob
Take a look at my reply in your other thread

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...22#post1622522
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 07:34   #13
tezzer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

I recently had the same same problem last week car wouldnt start, great info here bought 2 orange clips from rimmers just in case i broke one!!, my filter had lifted apart and had twisted around by about 20 mil, no tools needed this end just some hand force to get back into position once its all lined up the clip just slips into position and the jobs a goodun... remember to put a couple of litres of petrol in, then it started straight away.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:19   #14
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
... remember to put a couple of litres of petrol in, then it started straight away.
Good point. When the filter separates, any attempt at starting the engine causes petrol to leak out of the filter and into the LHS of the tank. Do this for too long, especially if the fuel's low, and the pump will end up starved. When that happens, only a top up will solve the problem. It can be a source of much frustration after fitting the FOC

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 10:37   #15
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Good point. When the filter separates, any attempt at starting the engine causes petrol to leak out of the filter and into the LHS of the tank. Do this for too long, especially if the fuel's low, and the pump will end up starved. When that happens, only a top up will solve the problem. It can be a source of much frustration after fitting the FOC

TC
As TC says; when the simply useless muppet minded idiotic technician at the garage replaced mine he made a compete and utter hash of the job. It would rune fine until about a quarter of a tank and then exhibit the same symptoms of FFS. Not only that when he was messing around trying to sort out (in other words guessing) what the problem was he installed the thing incorrectly resulting in it pouring petrol all over the garage forecourt when I filled up. Twice. What they had done originally was to pinch one of the O-rings, meaning that it was unable to transfer fuel from one side of the tank to the other.

Take care.

BW
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote