Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd December 2013, 12:16   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Sugarsync - end of!

Last week I received an email from Sugarsync to advise that all of their accounts would in the near future have to be paid accounts. So basically all of the help given to them via free accounts and effort put into referrals will come to naught - you loose the lot. They want $80 per year, to keep your account open. Which for the small amount of space most of us need is absolutely an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay, especially with so much free competition, especially as the free, was supposed to be for life.

I've done a bit of research on their competitors and 'Copy' seems one of the best and offers even more free storage than SS. If you open a free account without a referral you get a basic 15Gb. If you open an account from a referral you get a extra 5Gb, as does the refer.

So here is a referral from me, to get you that extra 5Gb of space, to bring it up to 5Gb - https://copy.com?r=GKypcN

The account works great as a backup of your essential documents and as a means of exchanging large files with your friends and colleagues, for files which might be too large for email.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 07:48   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Last week I received an email from Sugarsync to advise that all of their accounts would in the near future have to be paid accounts. So basically all of the help given to them via free accounts and effort put into referrals will come to naught - you loose the lot. They want $80 per year, to keep your account open. Which for the small amount of space most of us need is absolutely an absolutely ridiculous amount to pay, especially with so much free competition, especially as the free, was supposed to be for life.

I've done a bit of research on their competitors and 'Copy' seems one of the best and offers even more free storage than SS. If you open a free account without a referral you get a basic 15Gb. If you open an account from a referral you get a extra 5Gb, as does the refer.

So here is a referral from me, to get you that extra 5Gb of space, to bring it up to 5Gb - https://copy.com?r=GKypcN

The account works great as a backup of your essential documents and as a means of exchanging large files with your friends and colleagues, for files which might be too large for email.
I had the same email as well, looks like I'll be back to using drop box instead.
I shall take a look at your suggestion as well Harry.
Old 27th December 2013, 09:27   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I had the same email as well, looks like I'll be back to using drop box instead.
I shall take a look at your suggestion as well Harry.
Dropbox starts with 2Gb adding 0.5Gb per referral to a Max 16Gb

Copy starts with 20Gb (if you were referred), then 5Gb per referral, works better than Dropbox, has a facility to automatically pick up your Sugarsync folders and transfer them.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 27th December 2013 at 09:31..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 09:36   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Dropbox starts with 2Gb adding 0.5Gb per referral to a Max 16Gb

Copy starts with 20Gb (if you were referred), then 5Gb per referral, works better than Dropbox, has a facility to automatically pick up your Sugarsync folders and transfer them.
I agree, problem is nearly all the people I share with use Sugar Sync or Dropbox

But I'll be trying Copy when I get to work tomorrow and fire up the Pc