Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th September 2013, 16:48   #31
Shabbs
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE, Starlight Silver

Having had to spend £1200 replacing a head and head gaskets on my P38 Range Rover personally I would avoid LPG at all costs.
Member No: 3872
---------------------------------
Shabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 16:53   #32
johnny t
Loves to post

MG ZT 135+/ MG ZT 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
Brakes are not designed against BHP alone but against car weight and deceleration requirements keeping fading and high speed braking in mind.

With the 260 the brake balance is shifted more towards the back than on a 190.

If you take away the engine differences the 260 or 190 they are still a 1700kg cars that needs to be able to stop from 140mph +

As said before the design was intended to cope with the 385 variant in mind.
Dreadnought who does the 400BHP coversion agrees the brakes are more than capable handling the car with it's performance
I agree with that, you can really feel those rear stoppers so different to a Fwd zt
Old 26th September 2013, 18:09   #33
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Blimey, some people do get their knickers in a knot, if you criticise their car in any way!

I love these cars with a passion, however, I'm not blind to the faults on any of them!

Whilst I appreciate that the rear brakes were upgraded on the V8's, Jaguar also upgraded the brakes on the S Type R also and to say that 325 mm discs with single pot cast iron calipers, compare to 363 mm Brembo fully floating discs with aluminium 4 pot calipers, (as fitted to the R) is not being realistic!

I never said that the V8's have "bad" brakes by any means (in standard tune at least) I would however say that they are marginal once the car is supercharged, which brings the car up to similar performance to the S Type R and the car is driven with any anger!

As far as values are concerned (to go back to earlier in the thread) if these cars were such bargains (as we are told by some owners) I would ask why there are currently over 30 of these cars for sale, because surely, if they were such a "bargain" they would be snapped instantly, the moment they appeared on the Market place?
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 18:44   #34
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Blimey, some people do get their knickers in a knot, if you criticise their car in any way!

I love these cars with a passion, however, I'm not blind to the faults on any of them!

Whilst I appreciate that the rear brakes were upgraded on the V8's, Jaguar also upgraded the brakes on the S Type R also and to say that 325 mm discs with single pot cast iron calipers, compare to 363 mm Brembo fully floating discs with aluminium 4 pot calipers, (as fitted to the R) is not being realistic!

I never said that the V8's have "bad" brakes by any means (in standard tune at least) I would however say that they are marginal once the car is supercharged, which brings the car up to similar performance to the S Type R and the car is driven with any anger!

As far as values are concerned (to go back to earlier in the thread) if these cars were such bargains (as we are told by some owners) I would ask why there are currently over 30 of these cars for sale, because surely, if they were such a "bargain" they would be snapped instantly, the moment they appeared on the Market place?
You don't give up do you?

Just found over 100 Aston Martins DB9 for sale
Why would that be......................surely they must be far superior to the humble 260

Get off your soap-box................

If you like a car and you want it, price is of secondary concern.
If you can have an STR for the same money as a ZT260, given that the STR was 20K more expensive, I'd say the ZT holds its value better than the Jag

BTW. I assume you have driven both the ZT260 and the Jag to make a statement about the brakes?

PS. When running a spell check it always flags 'Doodles' with the option to ignore..............

Last edited by VMax1000; 26th September 2013 at 19:36.. Reason: spelling as pointed out by MrDoodles
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 19:32   #35
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
Get of your soap-box................

PS. When running a spell check it always flags 'Doodles' with the option to ignore..............
A shame your spell check doesn't pick up they there should be two "F's" in "off"
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 19:35   #36
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
A shame your spell check doesn't pick up they there should be two "F's" in "off"
It did pick up the most important bits though, but well spotted
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 20:20   #37
johnny t
Loves to post

MG ZT 135+/ MG ZT 260

Why does any question about the 260 always end in a discussion about them being overpriced, you make your choice and pay the price it's that simple! If you can't afford one don't talk them down I personally wouldn't want a 190 but I don't slag them off
Old 26th September 2013, 20:31   #38
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
Why does any question about the 260 always end in a discussion about them being overpriced, you make your choice and pay the price it's that simple! If you can't afford one don't talk them down I personally wouldn't want a 190 but I don't slag them off
Well said Johnny, I cannot be doing with this predictable pish. As soon as a 260 is mentioned it gets slagged so infantile
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 20:49   #39
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

I fear that the issue regarding the value of the V8's has again become rather personal between some members.

I'd like to remind everybody of FAQ 1, let's remain courteous and remember that others may well have opinions that differ from your own.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 21:56   #40
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Treat the V8 like ANY other used car, go and look it over, check the usual issues, and haggle with the owner, you will know what its worth - The owner will have a price in mind to sell.

Easy as that!!