Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2013, 06:12   #11
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
Used them a few times, and got it down to a fine art.. The secret is to glue about 1/4 inch at a time then make sure you leave it at least 20mins to cure.. If your doing both sides can do the next one while your waiting., They get bad press but I have never had one fail and used them on 4x4s that get a lot of grief.
The one linked seems to have a few more ridges than the 75 one and longer as well. Do you reckon it would fit?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:30   #12
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
The one linked seems to have a few more ridges than the 75 one and longer as well. Do you reckon it would fit?
They are universal and fit most cars I've fitted them on pajeros and Mercs down to the wife little hyundia Amica with no problem . They just trim to size.. The only thing I recommend is using cable ties instead of the metal ties supplied

Have a look at this you tube how to shame your so car down country

http://youtu.be/uvm64xuSMMA

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:55   #13
rasa
Gets stuck in

bmw 335d e92se and 330d sport e90

Default cable tie i do not trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
They are universal and fit most cars I've fitted them on pajeros and Mercs down to the wife little hyundia Amica with no problem . They just trim to size.. The only thing I recommend is using cable ties instead of the metal ties supplied

Have a look at this you tube how to shame your so car down country

http://youtu.be/uvm64xuSMMA
just had to fit a good jubilee clip , as the cv boot which had been tied with a cable tie had come free, all the grease had splattered out onto the inside of the wheel,took me ages to get all the grease off the wheel,my mate who owns a garage fitted the new clip and greased it up,and he did it for nowt
Old 3rd May 2013, 07:51   #14
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa View Post
just had to fit a good jubilee clip , as the cv boot which had been tied with a cable tie had come free, all the grease had splattered out onto the inside of the wheel,took me ages to get all the grease off the wheel,my mate who owns a garage fitted the new clip and greased it up,and he did it for nowt
Nice one though never really know a zippy break free unless it was damaged or not fitted correctly. They are the preferred method o restraint for law enforcement agencies and military around the world. 😜

Although you got it done for free most garages would have used a metal tie or another zippy as a jubilee clip could and I say COULD throw your driveshaft out of balance.

The reason why a lot of people use zippy ties is the are a lot easier to tension and don't need a special tool like the metal clips you with the sticky boot..

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

Last edited by NigelOBB; 3rd May 2013 at 07:55..
NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote