Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2013, 14:43   #31
kjw123
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
sorry but that is wrong the reason they are losing money is because there service is so bad and there prices are so high.
if i send something direct with parcel force it cost me 6.95 plus vat if i take it to the post office and it has to go parcel force its over £11 so whos putting the mark up on. royal mails customer service is terrible if they lose anything they could not care less. there are so many couriers out there now that do 300 plus drops aday on each van so there is plenty of work to go out there .
royal mail will price themselves out of the market in the end.
I can't argue with you there Sean about RM being a terrible service I've had my share of problems with them too However I believe you'll find that parcel force and royal mail (although they split operations) are actually still run by the same management group....Royal Mail Group Ltd which is itself run by Royal Mail Holdings plc.

Proffits have been spiralling downwards since 2002 and on the whole price rises have been steady and only in pace with inflation.

However because the losses were caused in the main by business and domestic users relying more and more on email rm/parcel force restructured it's main business around the parcel business as that is where they saw the future for the company.

It remains to be seen yet what will happen within the business, as the Govt. who basically owns it all hasn't decided wether to split the company and sell off the letter delivery side to private enterprise.

I do agree with you though Sean the price rises makes things difficult and their service is sometimes not what it should be but they do deliver over a million individual items per day.

My Bonnie Connie from Donny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kjw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:09   #32
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Dont forget sean, Senditnow for items up to 30kg with sizes able to send a pair of seats front and rear split into two bulky parcels for example.

Just dont get wheel sizes wrong like i did ffs.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 12:38   #33
grumpyshouse
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Anything bigger than a jiffy bag I use Parcel2go. No account required, gives you a choice of prices and couriers and is usually around a tenner for anything up to 30kg. (and they collect it from you so no wasting a morning running around either)
Old 4th April 2013, 15:20   #34
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyshouse View Post
Anything bigger than a jiffy bag I use Parcel2go. No account required, gives you a choice of prices and couriers and is usually around a tenner for anything up to 30kg. (and they collect it from you so no wasting a morning running around either)
we use parcel force up to 30kg 6.95 plus vat large items 16 plus vat over 30kg and size of bumpers. there service is good. its royal mail who have increased prices so much.
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote