Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th October 2012, 19:20   #1
Grahame Rob
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTI

Default New to an MG ZT

Hi all
As of Thursday I became the owner of an 04 reg ZT Diesel and I'm loving it. The car has a few small issues but I have fixed a couple after reading a few posts on here. Fixed is the airbag light yes it was a loose plug under the passenger seat. Fixed is the mirror adjustment button, it was dirty contacts.

A couple of problems that I would appreciate advice on is the drivers door lock button goes down to lock the door with the remote but when I try to unlock it all the other locks all pop up but the drivers one stays locked and I have to use the key to unlock it. any ideas?. and also the radio keeps turning different speakers off and on. its something to do with the radio not the speakers as if I press the head unit they go back on.

Grahame
Grahame Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 19:27   #2
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Hello and welcome Grahame..

On the first issue I'm not too sure but it sounds like the solenoid has gone and is only working in one direction, but as I say, not too sure but I'm sure someone will be along shortly.
Second issue sounds like either there is a bad connection at the back of the set, or there is a dry joint inside the set itself. Checking the connections at the back might rectify this, but if it's a dry joint I would say a replacement will be on the cards....

Don't worry, I'm sure others will be along - Saturday night can be a bit slow on here.....

Good luck with the car and some photos would be nice - we all like to see photos!!!

Ciao.
Old 27th October 2012, 19:29   #3
philfatkid
Loves to post

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame Rob View Post
Hi all
As of Thursday I became the owner of an 04 reg ZT Diesel and I'm loving it. The car has a few small issues but I have fixed a couple after reading a few posts on here. Fixed is the airbag light yes it was a loose plug under the passenger seat. Fixed is the mirror adjustment button, it was dirty contacts.

A couple of problems that I would appreciate advice on is the drivers door lock button goes down to lock the door with the remote but when I try to unlock it all the other locks all pop up but the drivers one stays locked and I have to use the key to unlock it. any ideas?. and also the radio keeps turning different speakers off and on. its something to do with the radio not the speakers as if I press the head unit they go back on.

Grahame
Welcome to the club, it really is the font of all knowledge concerning ZT/75's. The problem you have with your door is not uncommon, it arises because there are 2 solonoids, 1 to lock the door and 1 to unlock the door, it's this one that is playing up, there will be a "how to" some where on the site no doubt, that addresses the problem, good luck.
philfatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 19:35   #4
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Welcome to the Club, the problems you have are just a search away using the 'search' facility.

The door locking problem is a faulty mechanism,the unit contains two motors,one works on either side for the lock/unlocking,which one side has failed.The other operates the dead locking facility.

Perhaps a post in the items wanted section,would get you a working second hand part.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote