Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th July 2012, 14:19   #1
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Default Inside of the Rear Electric blind motor

My blind in the ZT was a bit temperamental, so I took the parcel shelf off and re-greased the motor. I could not find a picture so for those interested here is the motor. The grease was horrible, so I had scrapped what I could out and then re-greased and replaced. IT is much smoother now. Did not take a picture after I re-greased
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 18:31   #2
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
My blind in the ZT was a bit temperamental, so I took the parcel shelf off and re-greased the motor. I could not find a picture so for those interested here is the motor. The grease was horrible, so I had scrapped what I could out and then re-greased and replaced. IT is much smoother now. Did not take a picture after I re-greased
Hi Dominic

Well done, this should help someone !

Discussed this subject some time ago at length & I suggested that it was hard grease that was causing the problem from my own experience.

I didn't take any pictures at the time !!

The other common problem of course is cracked field magnets where people tap the motor to get it going again.

Cheers,

Mike
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 22:29   #3
Stev190
Regular poster

MG ZT MK2 190

Hi, im having the common issue of the switch working to enable the click of the relay just to sunblind action!

Any guides/tips on how to remove the parcel shelf (has harman kardon under the parcel shelf also so unsure if it makes it more tricky?) I did thump the parcel shelf a few times but this dont make a difference and dont want to try harder.

It was working like a dream untill it suddenly stopped.

Any particular grease to use? I have a general purpose one for door locks etc by Comma but its quite thick?

Please help! Thanks.
Stev190 is offline   Reply With Quote