Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th November 2007, 20:28   #21
Mr.Ian
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Well all I can say is that i've had the car for nearly a year and apart from the couple of hiccups on the miles remaining reading it is quite reliable when you get used to it's way of working, as for my petrol guage, once the light comes on it stays on till petrol is added.
The miles left reading is always between 55 and 45 miles left when the low petrol light comes on which isn't bad for being reliable.

I think what happened to my reading was the computer for some reason decided to say I had 1005 miles left in my tank (I wish)
It went and counted down very very quickly but was on target to reach zero when the tank would in fact be empty.
So the miles left computer new I had 'X' amount of petrol in the tank and was working on it's wrong figure of 1005 miles left and counted down accordingly ie 1 mile deduted about 40 from the reading.
I need to know why it just came up with this figure out of the blue and stuck/worked with it if it checks itself each time at switch on??????
Mr.Ian is offline   Reply With Quote