Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2012, 22:59   #121
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Thank you very much for the insight of the meeting,Can we please keep the thread on topic,a social area exists for this kind of chit chat.

Hiya Paul...... Very hard to ascertain what is the right area to post.... Wherever you post, Thomas always seems to move it....
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:01   #122
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LEK View Post
Colin ive just stepped down as r/s and was just telling paul ive been hearing the same kind of talk here as well
And it genuinely hasnt been the "club" or the "events" held, its the constant bickering on the forum!!!!

Now we are fortunate it doesnt really cross the sea politics wise, but if thats the effect its had locally its bound to be damaging to the rest of the club.
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:08   #123
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
And it genuinely hasnt been the "club" or the "events" held, its the constant bickering on the forum!!!!

Now we are fortunate it doesnt really cross the sea politics wise, but if thats the effect its had locally its bound to be damaging to the rest of the club.
I agree, the sad part is untill the bickering ends the problem will not go away.thats the sad part, like ive said already after this tonight if you dont know where you stand theres something wrongso can we please just behave for the love of this great club and please move on,
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:08   #124
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

The stock answer from the mods seems to be.... if you don't like it, see ya.

A couple of points to consider.

1. Some people are offering constructive comment to make the club better....why are they being "invited" (with ever increasing regularity) to leave?

2. Some of the ordinary members have been here a lot longer than mods.... why should they just shuffle off, stage right, because the running of the forums has been called into question and they have a point to make????

They could have left at any time when it got on their nerves, or they felt patronised in a way that would never be allowed professionally..... but they didn't.

It can be made better, the forums can calm down.... why not try and help that process.

There's no need to take it all personally.... no one's gonna come down hard and ban you. Maybe listening might work.

At the end of the day.... I like and use the site.
I'm not that fussed about the social side.

But there are people who are the polar opposite of me.... there are 10,000+ members of the club.... what if they all decided "Nah... *** this"?

Adults with a common interest talking, exchanging opinions, arguing, falling out, making up and agreeing again.... why does that offend so many here? Fact is, it doesn't, really. But, it involves a lot of deleting and thread closing for no good reason

The info and help from members here is second to none. But, being a member of both sites I'd say that mgrover.org get the banter and social side of things just about right.

Sorry, maybe I'll shut up again. That's twice I've had my two bob's worth.

I'm out past my curfew.

Nighty night

Bluey
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:08   #125
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
hiya Colin..... Constant spam is one thing..... Not conducive to a good forum I AGREE....But, neither is not a "closed shop" when you try to address a problem with the moderation team on here..... Oh, and I do know what I am talking about here....
I don't think the club is a closed shop, but there is constant spam.

Checkmate.
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:11   #126
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard680 View Post
I feel this response is rather harsh considering the constructive views of the preceding post. Just my opinion though!
Leopard, you shouldn't have to qualify or almost apologise for expressing a legitimate non offensive opinion.

That's what I'm talking about.

Cheers
Bluey
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:27   #127
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey9 View Post
Leopard, you shouldn't have to qualify or almost apologise for expressing a legitimate non offensive opinion.

That's what I'm talking about.

Cheers
Bluey
Cheers Bluey. Probably a life lesson in there I think. I do hope things get better soon. I really do.

🏓
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:35   #128
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya Paul..... Is that not more of a "you are no longer welcome here" scenario than an invite? Why on earth such subscribed members take this offer up? The rapport between members and the moderating team is evident for all to see.... By the way, thank you for the kind reply to my friendly pm that I sent to you last night..... But, as I said, I hope that the 5th Birthday party for your little one went well... Says it all to me Paul....
Poppy you take everything far too personally to your own detriment, you have mis-interpreted the intent of my quoted post and published your own 'spin' on it.

You seem to have taken over this thread and are actively hindering its progress, and clearly are not receptive to any form of criticism, constructive or otherwise.

Getting personal with me or pab or anyone on this thread is not warranted, and you have been warned after your last suspension not to cause discord which you are demonstrably doing here, whether you can see it or not.

You give us no choice but to send you on your way I'm afraid. You can only have so many last chances.

Thread temporarily suspended while people consider what the on thread topic was originally about.
Old 23rd June 2012, 00:32   #129
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey9 View Post
A lot of what you say there is true.... and, in my still very much stifled opinion, a lot of it is very wrong.
The silent majority you speak of are silent for any one of a number of reasons:

1. They use the site, but by and large don't participate.... either due to apathy or unwillingness to be part of the unending bun fight.

2. They read what they need when they need it. Their car has a fault... they search here like a service manual

3. They are scared to voice an opinion because they fear the repercussions if a mod interprets it as a contravention of the rules. So they either keep schtum or post how wonderful and hardworking the mods are and that they all deserve a medal.

In short... they will never feedback what's good about this club, what's bad and needs changed, or new ideas to keep it moving forward and improving.

If Christopher et al see that silent majority as the bedrock foundation of the club then good luck wth it.

BUT, it's the shouters, arguers, loudmouths and heavily opinionated mouthpieces who will keep the club alive. On occasion I have been one and suffered (still am) for it. But their arguing, disagreeing and passion for their cars and this club is it's life blood.
I've had my run ins with various members on here. But I will say one thing about them.... THEY CARE. They don't bring in any more cash than anyone else... but they welcome new members, spend time here and are generally helpful and available for up to 20 hours a day..... WHEN THE SILENT MAJORITY ARE IN THEIR KIP!
They give answers to questions at all hours of the day and night.

What the mod team are systematically doing at the moment is driving these people away.

You claim to allow people to exchange opinions... up to the point where you think they have expressed enough...... DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM?

People fearing the same fate as Poppy, Flyer myself and BBM are scared to squeak... they'll post "I don't like silver ZTs.... IMHO.... no offence.... sorry if I upset.... shrug shrug shrug". DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM?

The spat George and I had was something that obviously cheesed both of us off........ we know we can't let fly with some good aul Glasgow vernacular... so I alluded to something snidey and he reported me.... I was wrong, so was George... if we had licence to I'm sure he'd have called me allsorts months ago... I'd have retaliated and then it would have settled down. We might not be best pals but we'd have got it off our chests.

The problem is that opinions and differences of opinion get stifled by over enthusiatic censorship and tensions increase until the forum rules don't matter... both let fly.... and we both get sent to tend our respective allotments.... no one wins.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is how about removing the poker from the collective rectums and letting the forum breathe a bit. Keep the rules basic.... "no swear words"... that should do it.

Each and every one of us is adult enough to know where the line is and not to cross it.

Recently the biggest problem most active, contributing (better than silent) have had is the so called politics. Reebs, this is in no way completely aimed at you but as part of the mod team it does include you. The MODS are the problem... over involvement.

Take a step back (a big un) for just a few weeks and you'll see a calmer forum. I use another football forum which my brother owns that has no moderation (he has a look every couple of days) and although there are arguments I don't ever see grudges held for any length of time.

No one has to listen to the opinions or suggestions of the members because your're right... Christopher owns it. But if a real effort isn't made to get it on a more even keel then all that will soon be left is the silent majority who will find no one here at midnight to anwser their questions.

The biggest fear at the moment isn't "being flamed by the loud voices who seek fundamental change"... it's being canned permanently because you voiced an opinion.
Cheers
Bluey (still wearing the forum equivalent of an electronic tag)
Well, you've made your points and I think the highlighted ones speak for themselves, and judging by the opinions of the group of which I speak, they actually don't want the Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club to be like a football forum.

You too have been warned on several occasions not to bait or flame others, and have a poor track record for civil posts. While your opinions are your own on the way this site is run, they are clearly not shared by the majority of respondents on this thread. If you seek an unmoderated forum then you need to look elsewhere. I will not censor your comments, they can remain for anyone to draw their own conclusions, but the outlook you have for this club is at odds with the way it has been set up to operate, in a relaxed, friendly and non confrontational manner. Your time here is also at an end.
Old 23rd June 2012, 08:41   #130
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Can I make it crystal clear that the decision to ban the latest 2 trouble makers was my own, Paul just got there with the explanations quicker than I did.

I will also add that they were long overdue and there are a few more overdue ones that I will be quite happy to "process" if they give me the merest flicker of a prompt.

Enough is enough, this club is being returned to the members, to those that enjoy coming here to discuss the cars without bickering, politics, or snide remarks.

in banana veritas
Closed Thread