Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th January 2009, 15:32   #1
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Default What's this?

I took advantage of the slight break in the weather to get some jobs done on the 75. First off was replace the foam gaskets behind my powerfold bullet mirrors. Been meaning to do it for a while, and as you don't have to remove the door card to get at them, not a big job. Anyway, while things were stripped down, I noticed a few things I couldn't identify, so I'm hoping a more knowledgable person on here can help.

First off, what are the two white wires for in the centre of the picture.

Next, what's the small two pin connector for on the back of the drivers mirror.

That job done, I moved onto cruise control. I know I've not been the most positive person on here about retrofitted CC in the past, but I took onboard what had been written, and as my new leather and walnut steering wheel came with CC controls, I thought what the heck. So I sourced a dash button and a control module, but foolishly forgot to check that I'd got the connectors to do the job.

So it was glovebox out ready to bolt in the control module, and there's nothing to plug into it. However, while under there I spotted a few things I couldn't identify. Please excuse the rubbish pictures, but it was a mobile and a torch...

The blue and orange connectors.

The blue connector again and the single wire.

This brings me onto another question. Has anyone successfully retrofitted cruise INCLUDING the loom. I ask, because the guy I got the control module off is breaking the car, which will have the loom.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.

Last edited by mark_bonsai; 17th January 2009 at 15:53..
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 15:41   #2
Departed
Retired

--

Blue and orange connectors@ actually not connectors but headers. A junction point for connecting wires: hence so many wires the same colour.

White wires look like the tweeter.

I'm guessing the two pin connector is powerfold, as I don't have powerfold but do have that slightly larger connector below. But this is a guess.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 15:50   #3
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
Blue and orange connectors@ actually not connectors but headers. A junction point for connecting wires: hence so many wires the same colour.

White wires look like the tweeter.

I'm guessing the two pin connector is powerfold, as I don't have powerfold but do have that slightly larger connector below. But this is a guess.
I thought as much about the blue & orange connectors.

The white wires aren't the tweeters. They come out from behind the door card and run up the door frame.

Again I thought about the powerfold and as I haven't replaced the loom in the door with correct one yet, I wasn't certain. However the passenger side doesn't have this socket.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 16:31   #4
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_bonsai View Post
The white wires aren't the tweeters. They come out from behind the door card and run up the door frame.
Wires to the top of the frame for the anti trap mechanisim
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote