Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th June 2024, 13:13   #1
JDER

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Rover75 Con SE 2 litre v6 Auto immobiliser

Sorry I am new to this so not sure what I'm doing. I think I have the dreaded sunroof/immobiliser syndrome. So turn key to pos.2 everything normal, pos. 3 nothing, remove airbox and check feed to solenoid, no power, check drive side carpet, wet, remove dash panels to find drain from sun roof dis connected and wiring wet, fix drain pipe. I then turn ignition to pos. 2 and run feed directly to solenoid, car starts no problem, spend time installing a push button with a line fuse and off to the petrol station, about 2 miles, half way there I notice the speedo is not working everything else on the dash is fine, put some juice in and the car won't start, walk home and get the other key, this works central locking fine, disconnect battery for a while, try again, still just spins, RAC arrive plug in thingy, no codes found but can't do major check as thingy not compatible but identifies no spark , tows me home, sit in a dark room for a while. check fuel filter, no clip but everything perfectly in line, take cover off pump side, I can here priming when ignition turned on but only get a little psst at shrader valve, no spark at plug. Do rev counter quick test for cam sensor all fine. All fuses checked and yellow relays interchanged, no engine immobilised symbol displayed on dash. I should mention I've not disconnected the immobiliser to inspect it, what should I do next? Does the EWS unit disable the spark?Cheers Jim.

Last edited by JDER; 29th June 2024 at 14:02.. Reason: title
JDER is offline   Reply With Quote