Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th June 2024, 10:25   #11
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
What YHT has questioned does not necessarily constitute a fraud. YHT’s words were:
Has the time come for us to transfer our cars to the kids and get us as additional drivers on their Insurance???
To take, as written, there is nothing wrong with the proposal if the younger completed the proposal, named any additional driver with details of age/experience and signed their own name. At inception there is neither expectation nor statement concerning guarantee or expectation of ‘main driver’ status (generally). In YHT’s post there is no indication of anything approaching fraud. I would expect, supposedly with the same insurer, that all details would be checkable anyway.

Good idea YHT, why not do us all a favour and try it. Just a quote would serve the purpose. Make sure you give your current details, and ask the same insurer, in full.

If a fraud were discovered or suspected, your own, and the third party’s, damage would be an invalid claim.
In this case, prosecution might well not be a consequence.

Against my advice my daughter persuaded her mother to put her on her insurance on her first car as a named driver and registered the car in her mothers name. My Father bought full AA recovery for my daughter as a B/day present and had to give the car reg when he bought the cover which the insurance company picked up on and then queried this with my daughter and warned both my daughter and her mother that if, in fact, my daughter was found to be the main driver of the vehicle they would cancel the insurance and report them both for fraud to the police and insurance cover would likely be declined in future!
https://www.confused.com/car-insuran...at-is-fronting

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 25th June 2024 at 10:28..