Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th June 2024, 09:07   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Banana is back on tour…………..

……………… with the Cornish MG Owners Club this coming weekend. We will have to cross England to reach our destination in Wales. The title of the run is
“The Big-Wig End Away”, and as the title suggests we have to wear a wig. I kept one of Val’s, no idea why I kept it, but it’s been hanging up in the wardrobe. This trip was originally planned back in 2019 but owning to Covid and the uncertainty when the lockdown would be lifted so it had to be postponed till this year.

There are roughly 16 MG’s taking part. As I’m the only one starting at this end of Cornwall it will be my job to check out Exeter services to make sure we can get all the cars parked up safely. If not then it’s onto Sedgemoor services on the M5 and into the overflow car park for a short break.

So here is a rough summary of what will be happening.

Friday am. Meeting up.
Friday pm. A visit to the British Aerospace place in Bristol.
Then we will drive to the Premier Inn at Wenvoe West Cardiff for food.

Saturday am. We are off to the Rhonda Mining Experience in South Wales.
Saturday pm. A visit to the Royal Mint in Pontyclun.
Saturday evening we have secured a restaurant that will be closed to the general public for one evening to cater solely for us. The menu is already arranged, makes it easier for the restaurant. The venue is the Cheery Orchard in Barry. And we have coach booked to ferry us there and back.

The Cherry Orchard, Coach Company and the museum’s have all agreed to keep the prices that was first agreed on back in 2019.
Now Saturday, all day and in the evening wigs are compulsory, no wig then it’s a fine or a forfeit.

Sunday am. We are off to St. Fagans National Museum of History in Cardiff.
Afterwards we can either visit the Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum in Colne Wiltshire or take a steady drive home.

So should you see us out and bout give us a toot, wave or a flash with those restored headlights.

Banana is full of Banana juice, tyres checked, oil and water ok and screen washer topped up.
Banana has been clayed, waxed, polished with wheels and windows cleaned.

Starting mileage is 234,360.

234,780. Next tour starts on the 5/07/24.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote