Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th June 2024, 13:30   #1
Ray L
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Default Car Insurance renewal

I attach a copy of an e-mail I have just sent to L V ie the Liverpool Victoria Insurance Co.

Quote.

"I have just received my car renewal details and am in some shock and dismay!

In this day and age one has become somewhat used to costs increasing but not when they increase extortionately.

Last year my premium was £611.83, this year's renewal premium you are seeking £1,354.04 an increase of £742.21 which is some 120%.

Have any of my circumstances changed. No, apart from my having another Birthday. Yes, one might expect a certain increase in one's annual premium, but by some 120%. I think not. Could a mistake have been made? Or could one of your actuary's have over imbibed at lunchtime. Possibly.

As a loyal customer of yours for many years, with a very long no claims record, you will understand that I feel not only taken advantage of, but abused and quite plainly ripped off !

You will not be surprised therefore to learn that I will NOT be accepting your offer to renew my above policy. I shall however let it be known amongst my family, friends, acquaintances and the many thousands of members of my Car Club the treatment you have given me and what they might expect as a L V customer."

To members

Yes I am now of vintage years (and some) but retired and I have 20 years of no claims, no convictions or health problems, drive less than 5000 miles annually and keep the car within a locked compound day and night in a
fairly non crime district.

I welcome your comments.
Ray L is offline   Reply With Quote