Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th June 2024, 17:22   #1
peterh

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Key-Fob suggestions please - (2002 diesel tourer):

While it works fine mechanically via the door-lock - and the car starts perfectly well, there is suddenly no sign of any electrical life from my Valeo key fob, despite having tried a couple of alternative new 2032 batteries.

1 The car doesn't lock/unlock remotely using either of the key-fob buttons.
2.The sidelights no longer flash on attempting a remote lock/unlock.
3. There's no l.e.d. light on the fob itself when either lock or unlock button is pressed. However, I can't remember what's meant to happen - perhaps it only ever happened on successful interaction with the car, so should I expect this? I'm assuming that I shouldn't expect the fob-l.e.d. to light up, because I have a spare fob circuit-board from a scrap vehicle - and when I put that into my current car's fob with a new battery, that one doesn't 'flash' either when either fob button is operated.
4. The Owners' Handbook suggests that if the fob isn't arming/disarming the alarm, it may have gone out of synch. with the receiver unit in the starter switch and recommends multiple button-presses while close to the car to resynchronise. However having tried this, both with key in ignition and out, nothing happens, and in mechanical key-operating mode, the alarm system seems to function normally in that if I lock the car with the bonnet slightly open I get the usual single bleep from the horn...

Any thoughts on potential remedies would be appreciated please - including recommendations on an economical source of a duplicate replacement key/fob if that's the only remedy available...
Many thanks in advance for your ideas.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote