Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:25   #1
anderfa

Rover 75 RJ Saloon

Default Can`t open front passenger door via inside or outside handle.

Rover 75 saloon 2002-model. Inside handle and outside handle stoppet working this winter, so maybe because of frost. This is front passenger on the right side (Norway), and this is a door is shut now.

Locking with key and inside button pops the little rod/pin up an down, but doorlatch won`t open when trying inside or outside handle.

Have searched some threads here, seen descrption of some "white clip that has come off/or misplaced on a threaded rod", but noe photos work(photobucket) etc.

So looking for a step by step discription what to do with photos, thank you?

I have removed the inner handle small philips screw and pulled out the handle. This is still connected to the latch, and tried yanking at bit on the whole thing, but doorlatch do not open.
I have also sprayed WD40 down inside doorcard, down the locking pin(that pops up en down), sprayed from outside in the opening when you pull out the handle.
I have not taken the doorcard off, but can open doorcard some in the top when I have the window down, and look inside.
anderfa is offline   Reply With Quote