Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th February 2019, 07:14   #1
BKVP

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Default Spares Availability for Rover 75

My 75 recently failed it's MOT test and although the garage stated that they could potentially revive my vehicle by replacing the rear shocks and curing a water leak, they were pessimistic and warned me that if something should break whilst they were fixing the car it would then render it dead.
I appreciate that there will be a dwindling spares market given the time that the car has been around, but what the garage has said has disturbed me to the point that I am considering disposing of the car as I don't like the thought of it living on borrowed time.
I am located in the Hythe, Kent area and wondered if anyone knew of any garages that can either obtain or perhaps even manufacture spares. I am aware of a garage at Hawkinge which is nearby as I contacted them to see if they could renew the cam belts for me a couple of years ago.
I would like to keep the car as I feel that it is unrivaled even by today's latest models in terms of comfort, drivability and very silent running.
I would appreciate any advice. Even if there is a place somewhere that can supply most spares, I am sure that I could make my local garage aware of the source and keep the car going. I have owned the car from new and it has only done a geniune 42,000 miles.
BKVP is offline   Reply With Quote