Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2018, 18:19   #1
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Default When to renew cam belts ?

Ok guys,have had my 2003 V6 2 litre Tourer for a couple of months now and done 1500miles or so in it,handy having it run on LPG. Have had a few minor niggles that i've sorted but apart from that am well happy with it.
Cam belts were changed on it back in June 2012,about 38,000 miles ago. So the 6 years is up. How urgently should I get the cam belts renewed again ?
Have started sourcing the parts needed. As I plan to keep this car as my daily driver for the foreseeable future i'm planning to replace a lot of the parts that are prone to wear when cam belts are done,idler pulleys,tensioners,water pump,thermostat,auxiliary belt etc. I do have an engine speed related grumbling bearing type noise from cold starts so hopefully changing all the belt related pulleys and tensioners will cure that,unless it's a noisy alternator bearing that is.
Just wondering how soon I should get the job done ?

Have been having a play with the auto trans in sport mode but bit wary of revving engine too fast until i've had belts changed for peace of mind.

Guess i've just answered my own question - get belts changed asap !

PS - removing trumpet from air filter box def seems to have livened the car up a bit !
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote