Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th December 2008, 09:34   #1
babygizmo111

Rover 75 1.8

Unhappy 1.8 Heating/cigar lighter help needed please

Hi - am new to this - as well as 75's. Therefore this may be a (too) long a post - sorry
Acquired 1.8 in late november as a back up to my "normal car" and fell in love completely with it.
Keen to polish and clean and lavish love on my Rover (but not til the weathers warmer brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)
Until then I have a few problems which I cant seem to solve, no matter how long I spend looking around the forums (my eyes are nearly bleeding) and wondered if any of you lovely people would kindly help me?

I need to travel with a Tom Tom sat nav on some occasions and wondered if its ok to plug this into the cigar lighter - some threads say you can, some say you cant and the handbook says a defo no no! Can I?

The heating works ok after the engines travelled and warmed up - heaths the front ok - have trouble keeping windscreen defogged - but I have to keep the back vent closed or the kids freeze to death. Any idea what causes this pleas?

And the last . . I promise . . The car seems to be fogged up (and sometimes iced up!) on the inside when I go out to it in the mornings.
All doors and windows secure. Odd. Any ideas please?

Thankyou
babygizmo111 is offline   Reply With Quote