Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th May 2016, 06:02   #11
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I would hope and expect any responsible government to hold a view of what they think is best for the country. They should also back that view with adequate data and tell the public what and why they think what they do.

Unfortunately the record is less than encouraging when all sources of information they use are in receipt of government funds or EU funds. That wouldn't be so bad if the level of trust was otherwise reasonable.

Critically, time and again the government has not only been hopelessly wrong with predicting economic performance but also downright untrustworthy in many other areas of commercial, legal and social affairs. The credibility gap, or rather chasm, is a result of downright lies and dumb deceit across their whole range of responsibility. It's not surprising there is conflict and mistrust, they lack what they have the nerve to call themselves - honourable.
Nothing honourable about any of them Ray. Just watching them on PMQ's most Wednesday's and the way they act makes my blood boil to think that they are actually running our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Mine arrived this morning too, and was back in the post within the hour with an X in the OUT box as well. I was in such a rush to get it back in the post, I initially missed putting the signed slip in the outer envelope, I just caught it in time with the seal still moist enough to re-open it.
Well done Harry

Steve

Last edited by Dragrad; 31st May 2016 at 23:40.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)